Squidding at marino????

Boys n girlsGonna have a few hours of fun today and try squidding at marino. Never done it before, not even really sure where to go or what rig to use?? from the rocks/shore do u use floats with the squid jag?? or normal cast and retrieve motion?? Presuming whereever your supposed to go its gonna be a rocky bottom??? I dont no man :)

Best bet would be to take advantage of the current south easterly and slack tide and float out a couple tommie's on a wire jag out from the rocks. Best land based area would be out the front of the Marino Kiosk, near the old boat ramp there.If casting jags, take a few spares cos its hard to gauge how deep they are sitting when fishing from the shore and its a fine line between getting snagged, and getting the jag down into the strike zone.A boatie I spoke to at the ramp yesty got a few in that area.

Have seen a few people doing it when we have been there in the tinny and they always used floats....I would walk along as far as you want.... In front of the cliffs would be the best place to be.... Cast as far as you can... I would use two rods.... One with a float one with a normal jag...