Crushed Mussells for Crab bait

Barney and i were chatting about the number of crabs i had around me after i dropped a tub of crushed Mussells down. We got thinking that the crabs were attracted to the mussells. After talking to AAron he reckons he can help us. This is the plan......Grab some crushed mussells and put them in a mesh onoin bag. Use a bait clip to clip the bag into the bottom of the crab net. We'll see if it works.

I used some muscle berley at Wallaroo this week, never caught a fish except 5 weedy whiting, we did finish up with 14 big blueys from the same spot, most of them were Jennys, with the males big ones and full of meat, we fished the corkweed grounds as per the GPS marks Book, will have to try the Muscle berley in the cannisters next time I go out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Barney and i were chatting about the number of crabs i had around me after i dropped a tub of crushed Mussells down. We got thinking that the crabs were attracted to the mussells. After talking to AAron he reckons he can help us. This is the plan......Grab some crushed mussells and put them in a mesh onoin bag. Use a bait clip to clip the bag into the bottom of the crab net. We'll see if it works.

sounds like abloody good idea to me. and cheap....
  • 2 weeks later...