Aniseed Oil - What are your thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

im also testing out some prawn oil on the squid jig.... tried it yeterday, and a squid zoomed in, but then backed away.... i had another jig without the scent next to it, but it chose the scented..... then a dolphin came which some local kids fed from the jetty, so that was the end of the experiment as nothing came around then....

• 2 weeks later...

Aniseed oil has been used for years! I even remember it back when I was a kid and the chemist was the only place ya could buy the stuff!For me though, if I'm making burley, I prefer to use more natural stuff like fish oil, tuna oil, etc.

hell i would chuck in a hand granade if i thought it would bring fish to the top lol

this aniseed oil seems like it will work, does any one think it will work with bream. ive found them extremely hard to catch some times and nothing will get them on the bite. also, for rays and sharks, would this stuff work, has any one tried it or had them come up their burley trails when targeting other fish?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is 100% Aniseed Oil. When you buy this it stored in glass bottles as it will eat thru plastic. Word of warning - keep it away from your Soft Plastics and Hard Body lures as it will eat into them.Aniseed essence is available and is sold in plastic bottles as it is no where near as strong and can be stored and used with plastic. Most people are happy to use the Aniseed Essence but we do have 100% Aniseed Oil available on request.Compleat Angler Wallaroo 88232840Moonta 88253400

• 2 years later...

Aniseed oils. Do not use chemicals in the preservation of raw materials. You need?Mr. Hoang Van Duc hoi1a.jpg hoahoi.jpg----------Mr.Hoang Mr Hoang, Please contact Staff if you intend to place advertising materials on this forum.We wish you the very best in your business endevours with regard to the aniseed trade, but please refer... http://www.strikehook.com/more/advertise ...prior to contributing further.CheersJack

Good try Mt Hoangduc :clap: Jack, this may help :unsure: Star anise comes by its name honestly, with its star shape and a licorice taste similar to regular anise, only stronger. Star anise is the seed pod of an evergreen tree (Illicium Verum) grown in southwestern China and Japan. It is about one inch high with eight segments and a dark brown rust color. Like regular anise, star anise gets its distinctive licorice taste from a chemical compound called anethol. However the two are not related botanically - star anise is a member of the Magnolia family.anisePimpinella anisum, Apiaceae An aromatic plant originally from the countries of the eastern Mediterranean and Egypt. Several plants have an aniselike flavor, to various degrees, such as fennel, dill, caraway and cumin. True anise comes from a species called anise or "aniseed."
Star anise has a stronger and more peppery flavor than ordinary anise. A whole dish can be flavored using just a few seeds. It keeps its flavor for a longer period than ordinary anise.