http://www.anglerscenter.com/_media/lures/vertical-casting-jigs/halco-twisty-lure-4252-210x210.jpgThe link above is a picture of a silver Halco Twisty lure. I use this in either the 30 or 40g sizes when flicking down at Southport Beach. I have had quite a lot of success on these and would highly recommend them to you. Cheers, breambo. ;)

Save your coin and go some Flickbaits. Been outfishing everyone around me with these lately. 4-6" (prefer 4" as they cast better) with a 1/2oz jig head. Still cast them out there a mile and you can work them soooo much longer or rip them in the same as you would a metal slug.Best thing IMO is you can use the one lure to fish however they are feeding, ie deep, surface, slow, fast etc!Even better, get some glow in the dark for when the lights are out but they are still biting.

Guys have a look at the 30 gram bibbed hardbody maria that Arthur has down there. Got them in last winter and I went through a fair few but at $20+ they weren't cheap to lose.Breambo..... the glow in the dark powerbaits I have are a white with that tinge of green you get from anything that is glow inthe dark. Matches perfectly to a lot of contents to come out of salmon guts !The SP is actually 5"....works a treat!The Maria I mentioned and cheaper lure which is always a "GO TO" for me as well.Posted Image

ANGLERS CHOICE..They have all colors and rang in price but be quick as they sell very fast UHF..The great thing about the MUNCHO is they cast like a bullet...

Tks Rooney cant thank you enough. Yep got a BPH & BLH put aside for me by Scotty and cant wait to see how far I can cast with my 7foot Abu Veritas and 3000 symetre combo.spooled with 14lb fireline and will run a 20lb fluro leader.Combo is still pretty much brand new and you know what its like using gear you havent used much.Have also got a Berkley King Brown 7ft stick that I could use as well in about 5-9kg.

No worries UHF! You should do alright with the 7footer i use a Jewel902 with a PENN AFFINITY 3000 WITH 15LB BRAID and it casts them pritty far. They are a great lure all i would suggest that u change the trebbles for some owners as i have straighend a few and also snapped some. Happy fishing hope u get some of the 3kg sambos.. ;)

Thats weird that a Japanese lure maker would put hooks that werent up to the job on them..LOL.cheers, I might just put a couple of gamma circles on em on their own split rings as suggested by Southie The Banga I think.What would you do if running circles cos I dont have any upgraded trebles to throw on em.would you run a single circle or two circles back to back or two circles on their own rings?PS Tks for helping a novice salmon slug thrower..LOL

I dont use circles so i couldnt tell you.. When watching the boy the other day i noticed they wernt getting the hook up rates as with trebbles.. dont get me wrong as the trebbles on the munchos are good as long as u dont hit to many rocks. But where we were fishing at snakes there is a lot of reef around there.. The thing u could do is use one with the original trebbles and onwe with a circle and see how u go..

I dont use circles so i couldnt tell you.. When watching the boy the other day i noticed they wernt getting the hook up rates as with trebbles.. dont get me wrong as the trebbles on the munchos are good as long as u dont hit to many rocks. But where we were fishing at snakes there is a lot of reef around there.. The thing u could do is use one with the original trebbles and onwe with a circle and see how u go..

Yep cool, got a fair bit of reef where I am going to be fishing but providing I start the cranking as soon as it hits the water, I shouldnt hit the reef at all. Fingers crossed. ie got a fair depth of water over the top.Yep cheers, will take your advice and run the originals for a while, but will definately keep an eye on them to make sure there not getting too damaged or beat up by the reef.Then in a couple of weeks if I havent lost em yet, I will upgrade to Owner Trebles. I will also give a circle a run on one of them as youve suggested. Im also wondering what would snag up on the reef more a circle or trebles...but who knows..LOL :cheer: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just going to the spot that I PM'd to you down south.Pretty close to where you mentioned. Hoping to fish this weekend of course.Working 9-5pm is and then taking over an hour to get home is the curse of any spin fisherman who wants to cast lures during the day, cos it dark when I leave and dark when I get home. :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: :side: