We headed sown to the Outer harbor area tonight with a rice strainer attached to a long extension pole.A bit rough and ready but it did the job ;) With the wind out of the NW a few worms drifted past us from time to time, and we managed 25 or so, at least until someone slipped on a rock and half them ended up back in the water :pinch: :blush: :S Heres what remained :clap: Picture might be a bit dodgy being taken by torchlight IphonePics401.jpgAnyone else get any ?

Went out last night got shiploadsThey started about 8.30 kept going right thru to about 11.00 when we pulled the pin, had enough.They where still runnin hot at 11.00 when we where well and trully plucked.Was telling my decky they only run for two or so hours but they just kept runnin. Even when we left we where still getting bunches of 6 and 7 s to a scoop. Last year it was like rundle mall out there last night only two other boats. With the strong westerly last night I reckon truckloads would have washed up on largs and semi beaches.Looks like a good run, anyone interested might wanna head out tonight cause there on big time.gl

You possibly could get them along the beaches (i've never tried), but you'll have better luck at Outer Harbor boat ramp or the fishing platform at the Outer Harbor rocks, near the shipping terminals.They might be running tonight too from 8pm onwards, or you'll have to wait til the beginning of August for the next run.Sam

• 4 weeks later...

Any tips on how to prepare freshly caught bloodworms for storing longterm? I had heard a quick dunking in meths toughens them up prior to freezing?

Dry them a little on newspaper then dunk them into the metho for about 30 seconds.Remove them, dry the excess metho off on newspaper, bag and freeze.After trying a few different methods, I have found the metho to work best for me.

Would a garfish net be fine enough to get them with?

A gar net will work' date=' but only if you're quicker to get them into the boat. It's not ideal.Last decent catch I had was with waterboy in my boat,I managed to get some fine plastic mesh from a florists and lined my gar net with that, and it worked a trreat ;) .The worms arent clear to see, but theyre just below the surface in that Esky. Must have been hundreds :ohmy: bloodwormsinesky.jpgIMG_0132.JPG