Hi guys,I'm just after to any helpful suggestions regarding surf salmon rigs. At the moment I use an ezy-rig with 40lb mono, 2-3 ganged size 3/0 hooks, a squidgy flick bait or fish on a dropper and a star sinker. Just wondering whether any of you have slight modifications in your rigs that help you to catch more fish. I'm open to any suggestions.

cheap ones on the counter of most fishing tackle stores.. $2 each or something.. red and blue popper head with a 300 straight shank and some feathers.. i do have some other more traditional poppers for surface casting.. but yet to hit them in those due to their casting weights. id love to get a big school in close and hit them with some big surface poppers!

salmon aint fussy mate stick with the rig your using and carry spare hooks and sinkers in different sizes to suit the conditions your fishing. but i do suggest you take another rod set up with a lure when salmon fishing, catching salmon on lures is way more fun anyway and for me thats the only way i fish for them nowadays...cheers snake

It depends, if the beach isn't crowded then rather then burley to try and bring the fish to me I'll walk along casting until I find a school. When this isn't possible or I'm feeling lazy I've been known to throw some pilchard pieces and/or tuna oil into the water to try and bring them in.

if they're there and on the go i recon lures are the go and they're prob not that fusy, some pple make their own. good idea to change your trebles had probs with them getting off down size or even go to single.if it's quiet i'll go to a paty rig... still nothing i'll go home and eat toasties! never really berleyed up for them, have seen lads at selliks with pot on a rope and they had a swag of fish