I like Wilson MT 8144's "Mulloway" model......rated at 15 to 20 kg...........have 2 of them,1 for spinner (Penn 9500 ss......USA built) and 1 for o/head (ABU 10 000)......both running 30lb mono........I prefer 1 piece,but my opinion only.....available in 2 piece as well though.They are an "old school" rod.......nothing "fancy",just ballsy and functional and get the job done.........around the $170 to $200 mark.Hope that gives you a start anyway ;)

Agree with sambo, sensors are awesome sticks. I have thrown 5-6oz leads with a big livies down Salties no worries. If you have the $$ the Saltiga Ballistic are an awesome rod! Cast weight is up to 10 ounces and it doesnt have a backbone so you can fish spin or O/H on it. Slayed some mega rays, sharks down Salties with it aswel as some mullies!

I have a few of the Sensor Surf rods and they are a good value for money. I have found in my experience though that my 3-6 oz overhead model is a bit over rated as far as the weight it will throw well. It likes 4oz sinkers and bigger baits but if I step up to a 6oz lead it overloads the rod. You can still cast with that much weight, but only a bit of a lob, you really can't put much into the cast.Tobias, I'm not sure the Sensor is what you want for targeting sharks with 80lb braid. I would look into a decent lbg rod if it was me.

Just out of interest. What overhead are you planning to put with the rod? I'm new to big fish beach fishing so I'm interested to see what sort of setups people have out there.

Just saw your post after I posted my reply above. IMO the best overheads for heavier beach/rock fishing are the Daiwa Sealines, either the older "slosh" models or the newer SL-X. I have two SL-X50's, one with 30lb mono and the other with 40lb mono. I also have a smaller SL-X30 that I run with 20lb mono on my 2-4oz Sensor Surf for sambos or gummies, schoolies, etc.

Whatever set up you choose is up to you,just be under no illusion that a 10 or 12 foot surf rod + 80 lb line + 8 foot of shark = bloody hard work!Entirely different experience than from the stones or planks with the same reel / line on a stroker type rod.See you at the chiro at 9 am Monday.

Daiwa Sensor, i use the 20-40lb model.Even with your reel loaded with 50lb, you will struggle to go max drag pressure.By looking at your build, you will be water skiing with a heavier set-up.I know a bloke who uses the sensor for ballooning out livies for Hammerheads from the rocks down south.I have had this rod pressed again the Bluff jetty rail and used it as a big lever to get the biggest ray I have ever seen to the surface.

For me it's been unclear as to what you intend to use said rod for, when you mentioned needing something for serious heavy duty lbg shark work I assumed you were talking about balooning out baits from the jetty or rocks, in which case a shorter rod like a stroker or at the max a 9' lbg rod like the Live Fibre model would seem to be the go. If you intend to cast baits off the beach for bronzies and others then the Sensor or MT 8144 that people have mentioned would both work well.

I use the 13ft and 12ft version of the Sensors with a Saltiga Surf reel.I have landed mulloway in excess of 50lb with this setup at Yalata.I have now spooled the Saltiga Surf with 50lb Daiwa Sensor braid and use a 60lb shock leader. Nothing has out gunned me using this set-up so far.I have cast out whole squid with a big 8oz Grapnel sinker.My mate has the 11ft sensor he uses with Abu over head and 30lb mono, he has also landed many aswell including plenty of bronzies around 6ft mark.Ray and Annes sell the 11ft overhead version for $159.00Other option is the Nitro Messiah which you can get from Fishermans Paradise.http://www.innovatorrods.com/nitro-messiahoverhead.html