Shimano stradic Ci4 or Daiwa Caldia

can't speak for the Ci4 but own a caldia kix 2004 and they are a great little reel. light as a feather and casts like a bullet.Had it for a few years now and still love using it, although now i keep it for fresh as the use the Sol for the salt..personal choice though

Both reels are similar in quality...I really doubt you could fault the Caldia, and Ive seen what a CI4 can do!It would be the tuffest of tough decisions for me, because both look dam sexy but for me Id be thinking the CI4.As much as I like the appearance of the Caldia, I think the Stradic appearance suits most rods better :clap: . The straddy is a tougher looking reel.Still reckon shimano need a better/thicker bail arm similar to the daiwa's air bail. :evil: Brett

I like and own both but tend to pick up the Ci4 first,can't fault the Caldia though.The main difference between the 2 (besides the obvious)is the ratio's with the Stradic being "around" 6:1 and the Caldia 4.5:1 this means i tend to use the Caldia on the bigger deep divers and the Stradic with lures with less drag through the water. cheers brenton

Surely the best way would be to do a comparison between the two regarding specs, weights, bearing...etc..and ultimetly price will come into it as well.If one's better than the other on paper...job done as long as you are happy with the feel and look.Not much to think about huh !

I've got a couple of ci4's and cannot fault their performance. Bloody nice reel to use so i'm on the market for the two ci4's i don't have yet. Can't compare to the other reel as i haven't used it but from what i've heard they are both solid performers.Have landed several 7-9kg snapper on my ci4 2500 and the reel is still like new. May come down to a shimano/daiwa thing or the price (not sure on the daiwa) but the ci4 is about $260 at the moment.Good reviews both ends so best have a look in the shop :)

They're both good reels and you'll be just as happy which ever way you go.For relatively little fish like bream and trout either reel will handle them piece of cake.Perhaps just get the one which looks the best because performance wise they'll both do the job easily.