whats happened to yorkes?

came up to my shack at pine point on weds, water was dead flat and was told the locals were bagging out on kg's daily. went out on thurs arvo and fished the whiting grounds HARD for 3 hours and didnt lose a bait.went over to point turton today and fished hard all day in the bay on a mates boat for 2 squid, 2 weedy whiting and one big cockrod (aka rock cod). NO KG'S!!!!! and my mate said its been like that for the last five days.whats going on? i cant ever remember not catching a single fish over here.

I arrived at woolbay jetty this morning at 5AM to 3 seals swimming around in the shallows.I stayed for an hour and half until the rain drove me from the jetty.NO squid.I went to Edithburg for about 30 minutes for the same result.I don,t know why it is so quiet on this side of the peninsula at the moment.Maybe over fed on week 1 of school holidays.

From all reports I've read the fishing has been pretty tough all over.A cold low pressure front did just pass over us though, so with that approaching over the last few days you could expect the barometer to drop and the fish to shut down.I'd expect things to be on the improve from today onwards as the high moves over.

Was at Edithburg today for a Dive, turns out forgetting to take your hood(headware) in this weather means its to cold after 5 minutes underwater lol...So after the dive we went for a fish, nothing touched the bait for 3 hours and not a squid in sight either...headed to Ardrossan after dropping of my friend and fished for squid for 2hrs again nothing, didnt see anyone else hailing in any so I left after 6:30. I think the SE winds ruined Ardrossan but Edithburg was picture perfect.

skudded while you were diving at Edithburg did you see any fish? Are they there and not biting or absent?

was there exactly the same time as you bluey didnt catch anything thing around woolbay, pt giles but got a couple of decent leather jackets at stenhouse :S couldnt even hook on to anything big down there... :(hopefully things start to clear up soon

thats fishing... if the trees aint swaying to left, or the seagulls are flying anti-clockwise, or jupitar isnt lining up with saturn, or its too windy or not windy enough or the good old classic "should have been here yesterday!!" some days the fish just wont play the game no matter what part of the world you fish.... as for me i dont have that problem, unless of course, i forget to pack my lucky fishing hat!!!....cheers snake ;)

plenty of squid down Ards ;)

we went out in the boat yesterday and tried all our usual squid grounds and only came home with 4 squid. also had a crack at snapper' date=' whiting, snook and shitties7 hours on the water and total count for the day was 4 squid1 sand anchor with chain and a few metres of ropenot a single scaled critter (skipper and deck [strike']head[/strike] hand not included) even came aboard, only lost 1 bait on snapper ground and that was with small bites nothing great

Fished Stenhouse hard all day on Friday (including berley) for absolutely nothing, didn't even see a school of whitebait swimming around the jetty!Saturday we headed over to see if Pt Giles was open but there was a ship docked and being loaded so we headed down to Kleins to find the Accolade was docked, however within 20mins she was on her way so we fished there for a good 5 hours with berley and again no result. 5 other people were fishing on the jetty as well and nobody had a touch. Was speaking to a bloke in the carpark as we left who said he had been fishing at Pt Turton jetty all day for only 3 tiny salmon trout. :(

skudded while you were diving at Edithburg did you see any fish? Are they there and not biting or absent?
was there exactly the same time as you bluey didnt catch anything thing around woolbay' date=' pt giles but got a couple of decent leather jackets at stenhouse :S couldnt even hook on to anything big down there... :(hopefully things start to clear up soon[/quote']Any sign of squid at Wooly or are they hiding as well ???
Fished Stenhouse hard all day on Friday (including berley) for absolutely nothing' date=' didn't even see a school of whitebait swimming around the jetty!Saturday we headed over to see if Pt Giles was open but there was a ship docked and being loaded so we headed down to Kleins to find the Accolade was docked, however within 20mins she was on her way so we fished there for a good 5 hours with berley and again no result. 5 other people were fishing on the jetty as well and nobody had a touch. Was speaking to a bloke in the carpark as we left who said he had been fishing at Pt Turton jetty all day for only 3 tiny salmon trout. :([/quote']Bloody hell Red im off to Turton tommorow and we're planning Stenhouse Wednesday lol

i saw one squid at wool bay of a decent size but thats it... the jetty was ful of tommies thow.. red i missed you there dude..went to stenhouse sat morning for absoultly nothing aswell with a good burley trail and everything.. sat night port giles opened at 10. but dissapointed because the jetty was closed at half way when i went down there after the ship left..wind was all wrong so i couldnt fish it that night.. sunday morning was thinking of heading to kleins point but ship was docked so fished port giles again and caught nothing.. saw a few red mullet get pulled and 2 tommies but thats all...ye pretty bad atm

I was at Port Hughes for a few days early last week and it was the same over there, very quiet, no land based fish landed, that I saw, and very few squid. The very helpful guy at Moonta tackle shop mentioned there had been a bloodworm run recently, so I blamed that, and not my fishing ability. :whistle: :pinch: :boot: I did manage four squid in total but that's not much to show for the hours put in on the Jetty.Posted ImagePosted Image