quantum boca baitrunner reels

Hi folks,Seen lots of Quantum Boca Baitrunner reels for sale online - reduced from $250-$300 down to about $100. Various sites have them available in 2 sizes - a 60 and and 80. They look pretty good with ceramic drag and plenty of bearings that are apparently corrosion resistant and super strong gears too. They appear to be very heavy, but has anyone used one? I was thinking of targeting snapper with it. For about $100 are there better baitrunner options around?I have heard that the lower end shimano ones are not worth the money, the mid range ones are not braid friendly and the high end ones are out of my reach!Any thoughts appreciatedSaltybeard

some of the okuma baitrunners are around that price range. alot of people tell me there rubbish internals are weak they corrode easily etc but I've been using the epix 80 and avenger 90 for a while now. never had an issue with them and I give them a fair workout too. they come with spare spools and i've had no issues running braid and mono on them.never used the quantum baitrunners but i've got a quantum burner baitcaster which i'm quite impressed by. was only 29bux and has a 7 to 1 gear ratio and 6bb too, good for throwing lures and ripping them through the water. so i think quantum make a quality reel.

That 80 of yours Boyington is a massive reel, is that designed for mother loving fish like GT's in the top end etc.Maybe you could even keep that as a reel for GT's at a later date - would it cope with 80lb Braid? Im thinking it would?It sure did weigh a tonne when I picked up yours B214, but if you look at how much some big Daiwa reels like the dogfight weigh, ie 1.2 odd kilos-- may even be 1.4kg.they are not light. so to tackle the big fish you need big equipment :woohoo: :woohoo: :side: :side: :woohoo: That reel of yours will put some hurt on some Bronzies or hammers round our home grounds..lol

Shimano Charter Special - TR2000LD There’s no tougher test for fishing tackle than to have it used on a charter boat, so for this excellent overhead to be named Charter Special, you know it’s going to be good. Taking a beating is what it’s all about and it’s no wonder this tough lasting reel has become Shimano’s top selling reel for chartered operation. From a massive, heavy-duty levelwind mechanism that just will not jam and that spreads line evenly across the aluminium spool, to the light but strong XT7 body, this reel is up to coping with the worst treatment that inexperienced fishos can dish out. For more experienced anglers then, this reel will continue to provide faultless service for many years to come.4 A-RB Anti Rust Bearings1 Piece Graphite/Titanium BodyStainless Steel Gears & Main ShaftBarrel handle Grip15kg Maximum Drag / 15kg Maximum Strike Drag4.2:1 Retrieve Ratio (66cm per crank)Line Capacity 9kg/274mWeight - 485gbest on ground performer time after time and for around the$200 mark definately one off my favourites