Metro Snapper pics

It was too nice a day to be stuck at work so it didn't take much to persuade myself to "do the bolt" and shoot thru' from work at 10.30 am and go fishing. We ended up with this haul but my mate lost 3 big snapper and a shark at the side of the boat. It was a top day just being out on the waterPosted Image

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagger I love taking people out fishing as the big smile on their faces when they pull in a fish always makes it worth the while but unfortunately local spots are closely guarded.The best advice I can pass on is that between all of the ramps such as Nth Haven, West Beach and O'Sullies there are areas where there is very little boating activity. For example most boats might might only venture upto 10 km from each ramp... it's in these "voids" that it is worthwhile searching for new virgin territory and with the latest electronics you shouldn't have too much trouble finding good bottom that holds fish and being "untouched" the fish aren't easily spooked like most common spots that cop a thrashing :)

• 1 month later...

My wife's cousin phoned up from the NSW Mid Nth Coast wednesday to see about coming over and hooking him up on some big snapper. I told him to get over here as soon as possible so he was on our doorstep friday morning ready to hit the snapper saturday morning along with my mate in his boat. I wanted to get him onto some decent size fish whilst he was here so the pressure was on deciding which spot to hit..... anyway, we hit the water with quite a strong easterly blowing up but decided to push on anyway. The crew on board had a blast hooking up to some decent fish with many bustoff's. Biggest fish caught for the morning (between 2 boats) was 28 lb measured at O'Sullies Ramp (still way short of the Leader on the board)Here's some of the catch Posted Image28 pounderPosted Image

Took a while to crack this one but was happy when I did.

The background is a bit blurry - you must have a crap camera :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:Took me ages to work out that mark ;) ;) ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

The background is a bit blurry - you must have a crap camera :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:Took me ages to work out that mark ;) ;) ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Bit of a sea-fog that day...Never assume where mate, lots of water out there... although definetaly not the noarlunga tyre reef :P

Bit of a sea-fog that day...Never assume where mate, lots of water out there... although definetaly not the noarlunga tyre reef :P
No worries,I'm not a "Mark Pincher". :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:I know you have put the tie and effort in - huge respect for that.You are just spurring me on knowing there are fish like that locally.I have the odd day just exploring and looking for likely spots.It's an achievement when you find a spot.Found one for KG's that regularly produces a few.I'm out on Weds with a master snapper catcher - lookingforward to it ;D ;D ;D ;D

Top day as always.I was ribbing Fishie that I was in the lead by 3 fish - then he hooks up that horse!!!We've no pics of your cousin smiling while holding that monster - can tell you he was happy as a Pig in Poo though!That was a lot of filleting!

• 7 months later...

It's no secret that it's the time of year to fish the Stanvac Barges judging by the vast amount of boats that have been anchoring up there in the past week but I just wanted to post a pic of the fish my mate pulled in the other evening... it just shows that the spot still fires for those old XOS sized fish.This fish went 12.5 kilo but would have to have the biggest honker I've ever seen in my entire lifePosted ImagePosted Image