smoking trout?

Hey mate never done trout myself but salmon trout i have :) I normally make a brine out of brown sugar, salt, water, dash o burbon :d/ and some herbs. I soak the fish for anywhere between 2 and 12 hrs then let hang and air dry. If you wish to quicken the drying process yoink the wifes hair dryer and dry from a distance. Then let the smoking begin! cheers OS B)

G'day Trouthunter,I hot smoke my Trout.I salt my fish inside and out (top & bottom if filleted) leave in the fridge for an hour or two on news paper in a baking tray(catch the fluid) rinse off under the tap pat dry with paper towel, then cover with brown sugar smoke for 20-25 mins and it doesn't normally get a chance to cool as it's get smashed. If there's any left I make up a creamy fettucini pasta with sundried tomatoes and baby spinach ;). My fav now is Gravlax and Dill Saucehttp://www.azeliaskitchen.net/blog/gravadlax-and-dill-sauce/ Sub the Salmon for Trout pin bone the fillets Takes 4 days to prepare but it's well worth it.Cheers 1fish :boot: