SA Fish limits under consideration!!

It seems no one on here has put this up yet!!http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/possession-limits-under-consideration-to-protect-sa-fish-species/story-e6frea6u-1226137894397Can someone tell me how the :c this info has been gathered when there is only a handful fisheries officers in the state??I'd love to know the last time MR O'B has been out :fishing: .............. in our gulfs, cos i've done reasonably well recently!!!

Growing up in Cowell i can assure you this does happen. Cartels from NSW were a real problem and were blatantly stockpiling bag limits each day of whiting, garfish, crabs etc and freighting them back to NSW to be sold.I think when possession limits come in there should also be a TAC placed on commercial fishers too.

Hey Everyone!Well, it looks like we are not only going to have Possession Limits. I see in today's Advertiser that there is a review of Bag and Boat Limits planned to be conducted later this year. It may well be that we, the Reccies, are going to be knifed again!See Adelaide Now Article:http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/thought-needed-on-catch-options/story-e6freabc-1226138222775

heard a story which was pretty reliable, about 3 families from the eastern states, who bought a cheap run down house here in whyalla after each chipping in, keep boats at the place, and come over often to slay our big reds.... ive seen more than one big f150 with huge eskies in the back with eastern states plates in town at various times.. come empty, and leave fully loaded

Growing up in Cowell i can assure you this does happen. Cartels from NSW were a real problem and were blatantly stockpiling bag limits each day of whiting' date=' garfish, crabs etc and freighting them back to NSW to be sold.I think when possession limits come in there should also be a TAC placed on commercial fishers too.[/quote']Heard a chap on 5AA this morning, (Brenton...something) from the SARFA and said a similar thing. Also said a possible number for possession limits could be around five times the daily bag.