Edithburgh Troubridge point!

Hey all, heading off with some lads down edithburgh/troubridge point just to have a bit of fun.Iv decided that im gunna drag my rods with me.I was hoping someone had been fishing here of late or had heard any "fishy rumours" was really keen to get onto some snapper, snook or salmon. was thinking of visiting Pt giles to see what the old girl would do for me ;)suggestions good people ! : D :fishing::boat: i also need a fish id on this >> :f caught it in the torrens the other day on a cheezle :S

Hey mate, depends a bit on your sense of adventure, but the aptly named 'suicide point' past the lighthouse is one of my favourite mandated spots in the right conditions...you'll need long casts, a flying cliff gaff and a steady nerve, but this recipe has seen many a big red subdued up the cliff face. In the 70's 30 pounders were not uncommon. Last year I managed a pigeon pair of 12 pounders, plus some dinner-plate sized sweep. Just be careful or you may die.

Hey guys thanks for the advice unfortunately I didn't get to read this before I left for the trip.We ended up camping near a beach just past the light house, sat morning woke up cast out a froggy "smash" line was peeling off my 2508 caldia kix custom, after a good battle i had a nice salmon at my feet she went "50cms" i was struggling to cast over the waves as i didnt have a surf rod but i managed a couple good casts and that resulted in another good fish this one measured 54cm fought like a train on the 8lb braid in the surf. Fished the jetty for a few squid, weedy whiting, wrasse. Then on Sunday we fished from a nice rock shelf "which had rod holders installed into the rock" threw some lures around got some salmon trout, caught plenty of sweep biggest was "34cm" latherjackets,silver drummer all were plentiful, got a big run on a pillie got wasted on the bottom, there were headshakes so im almost certain it was a snapper.Looks like its all just starting to warm up down there gonna go back soon :P