Power Pro Braid.

Hey Guys. I haven't made a Topic on here for a while but just wanted to get my opinion out. After a reasonable Squdding Session with Breambo25 (Report found in Metro Section.) I would like to express my new found love for Power Pro Braid!! I purchased 10lb Hi - Viz Yellow Power Pro and its benefits were fantastic. I have always used Fireline but I will lists my own thoughts of benefits.1. Smooth and Very Round!2. Casts a Country Mile.3. Tracks so straight even with wind howling back at you.4. Ties perfectly with the Spectra Fibres.5. As it is not coated nice and stiff.6. Runs through the guides perfectly.6. No visible Colour Fading.I am not sure if any one else has used this product and if so I would love to here your feedback. I am so pleased that the great company Shimano has teamed up with this Braid as those products together make one wicked combo! You can find further info at: http://www.powerpro.com/ Cheers TT.

i have got a cuple reels spooled u with and i have been more than impressed haven't landed any donkeys on the snapper outfit loaded up with 20 or 25 lb cant remember now the KGW outfit with 10lb has been magnificent been using if for 9 months or so now and the line looks in great nick still been surprised when snagged on some structure how good its breaking strain is!and it certainly does cast a country mile its got me sold

i have got a cuple reels spooled u with and i have been more than impressed haven't landed any donkeys on the snapper outfit loaded up with 20 or 25 lb cant remember now the KGW outfit with 10lb has been magnificent been using if for 9 months or so now and the line looks in great nick still been surprised when snagged on some structure how good its breaking strain is!and it certainly does cast a country mile its got me sold

Thanks for that Tommy, I agree with all you have said!!

heaps of crap braid out there! Power Pro is the one i use now because the dudes in the tackle store use it and seems pretty hassle free especially were it counts on the light stuff(4-6lb)class...cheers snake

Thankyou for that Snake!

also if u have the coin give the suffix 832 a crack in the green

I have a mate that just bought the Sufix, he is quite pleased with it.

Is it any better than the 100's of other braids out there?

Piranha I can't actually answer that question as I haven't used a whole lot of different brands. All I can say is I like it and highly recommend it!!! Cheers TT

however i find now with casting the bream lures the first couple of casts the line will stick to its self on the spool of the reel but thats all i find fault with it.

Hey projoe do you find this a major problem or just a little minor thing?

I too am a big fan of Power Pro. I've got it from 6lb to 50lb and have been nothing but 100% happy with it.Cheers.

Thats great to hear Funky and thanks for the Feedback, I was really trying to hear others opinion on this Line. TT
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been using power pro now for two years 5 & 8 lb for my breaming escapades however i find now with casting the bream lures the first couple of casts the line will stick to its self on the spool of the reel but thats all i find fault with it.

Same problem I have here with 10lb after an intensive use this winter. The color faded but didn't influence the breaking strenght at all. It seems that it is the salt built up in the spool which made the line sticky and first few cast shorter in distance.