Snappering thoughts...

Well what's the thoughts on this fresh season of Snapper???Any indications of another bumper season.... Any solid or even promising reports?Personally, I like many others will have a venture out wide from the metro coast this long weekend... have a bit of test of the drops, been toooo long since I've been outside the port :laugh: Then first week after the ban I usually try for a steamer channel adventure off Pt Hughes (only once a year now a days). Then it'll be out probably one Saturday per month trip goannas and that for the usual runs in the big boat.Good luck to all targeting the Redfish this season, I might even try picking the tides and hitting the goannas in the tinnie from middle beach :woohoo:

Yeah they pinged a few people down here yesterday. One guy for too many Snapper and another for undersized crabs.

Yeah I had completely forgot until I read this.... Fisheries were at Snowdens ramp in the port when I came in, they were parked across the ramp.... But as they saw me approach the pontoon in my little war horse, they buggered off :( ... Most insulting that was hahahaha :PVery good to see them out and about :)
Well what's the thoughts on this fresh season of Snapper???Any indications of another bumper season.... Any solid or even promising reports?Personally' date=' I like many others will have a venture out wide from the metro coast this long weekend... have a bit of test of the drops, been toooo long since I've been outside the port :laugh: Then first week after the ban I usually try for a steamer channel adventure off Pt Hughes (only once a year now a days). Then it'll be out probably one Saturday per month trip goannas and that for the usual runs in the big boat.Good luck to all targeting the Redfish this season, I might even try picking the tides and hitting the goannas in the tinnie from middle beach :woohoo:[/quote']Hey jack, by no means an expert on the topic but I just posted this report that is relevant to your thread :http://www.strikehook.com/forum/42-metropolitan/175092-open-the-red-season-with-2-mtero-pbs-long-read#175105All I really know, is that Im keen as mustard to get back out after them, anywhere!! Id love a chance to join you on a small boat flottila out of middle beach to goannas, and I also will let you know when I next do a beach launch off Aldinga for some more small boat snapper action. Like I said, no expert (aldingafisho is tho), but a great place to fish and I don't reckon I went out once last season without at least 1 legal and plenty of edible by catch.

Was talking to an Ardrossan Pro on Friday Afternoon prior to launching, and he was a young fella fishing in a weapon of a Clayton Gallant 25footer.Was really interesting to hear him complain of other Pros Raping the Ardrossan and Black point area last year. I asked him if there schooling up yet and he reckons not really. But for a pro they probably arent in significant numbers to sit over a drop but still enough fish to set long line across the gulf etc.But all I know is when the pros are going out then there is enough fish to make it worthwhile.Bigreds results from Ardrossan are indicating that there sure is a few fish in the area at the moment.Im pleased with how many reports we are seeing and hearing of.Especially this early...its only late September...wowGet out there Jack..Im sure you will find some pretty easily. Im thinking there must be some of the Goannas and northern grounds!Wondering if the Good drops nth (Jack you know where they are lol) will have some good fish on it yet. Will someone get out there and let me know..lol

No Reds at ALL Southie ? Or do you mean a legal :unsure:
im hoping to get get me first red :clap: :clap:
Mate im sure ABF or myself will help u fix that problem ;)
I was about to make the same offer OS. I've been lucky enough to put 2 or 3 site members onto them now' date=' and a couple of non members too. Not that I doubt you could :)[/quote']nup never ever caught one... and never ever really tried :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
No Reds at ALL Southie ? Or do you mean a legal :unsure:
im hoping to get get me first red :clap: :clap:
Mate im sure ABF or myself will help u fix that problem ;)
I was about to make the same offer OS. I've been lucky enough to put 2 or 3 site members onto them now' date=' and a couple of non members too. Not that I doubt you could :)[/quote']nup never ever caught one... and never ever really tried :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:
Youll never get one like that Southie :whistle: :clap::laugh::laugh::laugh:
heard a good rumour from a very reliable source' date=' saying the pros from across the gulf are back in whyalla waters... and apprently took 30 tonne a few weeks ago... IF its true, thats just stupid fishing... the value per kg would be so low its would struggle to meet expenses...[/quote']your source would be spot on mate!we were out on a charter sat and saw them hauling fish after fish on the same drop as us, pitty there was only 4 fish caught on our boat for the day because of not the best skipper!