had a few to fillet last weekendThese were only 3-4cm over legal, so not heaps meat on them.I don't mind eating them at all. Not sure if I'd see the point of filleting it unless it was a real monster.Head off, guts out, fry a few mins each side with oil, butter, white wine, S+P is what I did when I got home, came up pretty nice.

Murphysegg is on the money...KISS (keep it simple, stupid) principle applies, although I prefer to grill, rather than bake.Slash the fish a few times on both sides, add a little olive or rice bran oil and massage in salt and seasoning/herbs/spices of your choice and whack it under a hot griller for about 6 minutes or so on both sides (depending on size).Important: Make sure you bleed the little critters first when you catch them & make sure the gut cavity is completely cleaned out when you're preparing them.They are a lot tastier than many people give them credit for.CheersafPS Yes...they do smoke well.