weird bycatches

A pelican on 6lb,a salmon trout with a ring pull stuck on its head,a diver on a squid jag at hughes,plenty of gulls,a seahorse that wrapped its tail on my line,a bag limit of salmon trout on a jighead,3 brown trout tickling, a 60+lb Murray cod by hand,plenty of carp with bullet holes in them and the tarp off the back of a ute etc etc. cheers brenton

Mannum fisherama 1974 little chief goes to throw a handline for the first time whirl whirl whirl let it go and YEOWOne pissed off uncle perfectly hooked in the cheek My Dad cut my hook and we let him go as he would have been legal it far too fatty I shoulda had him weighed :P

Was out snapper fishing last night and was pulling the anchor to come home at approx 10.30pm when as I was pulling up the white anchor rope, I notice what looks like a fish kicking. I say to Bigred, man it looks like a flathead. someone nearby had obviously lost there set up. we had one red whiting hook stuck in the rope that Bigred had to cut off with pliers, but the small flathead was just kicking about still on the other hook attached to the rope.Was the funniest thing ever..had me in stitches.Never caught a fish by just pulling in the anchor rope. Would have been more impressed had it been a rugger snapper. :):):laugh: :ohmy: Brett

Way back in 75 or 76 I was diving on an exercise ground mine in the middle of the night somewhere off the coast of Scotland, I notice something flapping about in the non -explosive end of this thing but didn't have enough bottom time to do anything about it. When we recovered the mine back on deck a 2kg Cod falls out the back end of the mine! By catch when you're not even fishing, can't beat it!Wahoo