cockles galore

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wat a pearler of a day yesterday was met up with moggy and hslv as well as 4tha got our limit in about 2 hrs after id been smashed around by some killer waves lost 1 pair of sunnys and i think they ma

We went for a spin down to Goolwa this morning and got 900 in an hour and a half, first time for us and had a ball.Met up with Gonefishing, PLUGGER and 4THALOVENot sure how the others went as we left

Breambo, I was eluding to the possibility of a total possession limit, say per car, similar to a boat limit being 3x bag limit.Otherwise you'll have every tom dick and harry loading up the Torago with

Posted Images

Just got back,. got about 100 in about 20 minutes!! It was crazy. And big ones to! I only took the bigge rones. I hardly saw any small onesAfter I got what i needed to took the dog out for a paddle.....watched the BF fall about in the building waves... Sorry i mean MAN SWIM *GRUNT* (he just walked into the room)I went A over T as i stepped on something, something big, something that moved enough to take my leg out under me, something that made my short chubby statue defy the physics of nature and run on water.No idea what it is but when i retll the story, I would of decided it would be a shark hahaha :woohoo: :woohoo: Top day so far :D now to maybe throw a line about the bluff before the wind sets in

hi can you just get them anywhere along the beach? have only been once when i was a kid so i don't remember anything.whats the beach like for kids? is it safe enough??

Oh for sure! the kids will love it! just keep en eye on them :)I parked right by the surf life saving tower and went down that walkway, then walked about 100m up the beach and they were there in abundance. First timers could bag out ;)
Just got back' date='. got about 100 in about 20 minutes!! It was crazy. And big ones to! I only took the bigge rones. I hardly saw any small onesAfter I got what i needed to took the dog out for a paddle.....watched the BF fall about in the building waves... Sorry i mean MAN SWIM *GRUNT* (he just walked into the room)I went A over T as i stepped on something, something big, something that moved enough to take my leg out under me, something that made my short chubby statue defy the physics of nature and run on water.No idea what it is but when i retll the story, I would of decided it would be a shark hahaha :woohoo: :woohoo: Top day so far :D now to maybe throw a line about the bluff before the wind sets in[/quote']Stingray Kat, heaps of them down there.Quite often (maybe every 3rd trip) we'll see them in the backwash collecting the cockles if we are in a good patch that wash out with the outgoing surge. Interesting to watch.They surely scare the :c out of you when you step on them though. Used to have a shack down there and surfed a bit whcih meant walking out till you have to jump on the board to paddle and you would step on a few each summer. Some big boys down there to :S
Just got back' date='. got about 100 in about 20 minutes!! It was crazy. And big ones to! I only took the bigge rones. I hardly saw any small onesAfter I got what i needed to took the dog out for a paddle.....watched the BF fall about in the building waves... Sorry i mean MAN SWIM *GRUNT* (he just walked into the room)I went A over T as i stepped on something' date=' something big, something that moved enough to take my leg out under me, something that made my short chubby statue defy the physics of nature and run on water.No idea what it is but when i retll the story, I would of decided it would be a shark hahaha :woohoo: :woohoo: Top day so far :D now to maybe throw a line about the bluff before the wind sets in[/quote'']Stingray Kat, heaps of them down there.Quite often (maybe every 3rd trip) we'll see them in the backwash collecting the cockles if we are in a good patch that wash out with the outgoing surge. Interesting to watch.They surely scare the :c out of you when you step on them though. Used to have a shack down there and surfed a bit whcih meant walking out till you have to jump on the board to paddle and you would step on a few each summer. Some big boys down there to :S
JESUS :c CHRIST.So what youre saying,i could of been steve irwinned in the calf :D(still gonna tell others it was a shark so i get hardcore points)I love the ocean, I love beach life, I just HATE crabs jellies and rays.
thanks heaps' date=' will have to con the missus into going for a drive on the weekend. where can i get the measure guage from? is the bag limit 100 or 300[/quote']Bag limit is 300 per person.measurers are available through PIRSA/ Fisheries.I just use a piece of hard plastic cut to size with a lanyard on my wrist ;)And if you get anywhere near being in the water, be careful of the impossible to spot Sand Crabs :c :c :c :c things :pinch: :whistle:
@ Fisho86I cant say Ive seen any cars in front of the park' date=' but there's often quite a few parked along the beach as you head toward the river mouth.Just be aware that some drivers like to speed along there a bit :whistle:[/quote'] Dont think you can park/drive anywhere to the right of the beach entrance. Speeding cars yes plenty.

Sorry blokes!! I failed you as i was being all domestic and stuff today :(how did round 2 go?

Much better this time ty KatWe were digging further up the beach this time too to satrt with :whistle: Bagged fairly easily.Wish my smaller ones ended up where I aimed them at chunkys builders crack tho :side: :pinch: