New Snapper combo/ Mulloway

Go and see a few stores and you will quickly develop a price bracket and discover a few quality ranges as well.$150 for rod and $300 for reel would see you right for many years to come if you look after it. Don't forget...a decent spool of braid can set you back approx $50 on top as well. If you don't treat your gear well ie. never wash the reel and eyes/rod etc...don't spend more than $150 for the combo...you'll have to replace it too soon.Hopefull food for thought

'Any price' is a bit difficult because I have some great ideas as to what my 'ultimate combo' would be, but in reality, $1k-$2k just isn't going to happen for me. If you are looking $500-$800 that where you will find the majority of just really good top quality gear and a bigger range of opinions. Me? I'm in the under $300 band for my rod reel and line. I reckon honestly 200-$300 is the entry level for gear that you can have a bit of confidence in. I like a good ugly stick over 8kg and a reel like a peen slammer or Penn spinfisher. I've got 6000 Sedona at the moment but that's only because 1. It's still the same cast as an old Sahara that served me well 2. It was a gift ;) Unless your happy to spend over 1500 bux. The price range is a big consideration. ;) Cheers

This is just my opinion but I think you will find it hard to find an outfit that can be used for SP's, bait and livies. The main reason for this is that any rod built for soft plastics is normally split grip and has a relatively light tip. even on rods that are rated to 10kg, the tips load up too much under load of a 3oz lead and live or dead bait.You may need to Buy an SP combo and then buy a combo for Bait/Livies.My reccomendations would be to buy a T-curve 701Snapp as your dedicated SP stick. By a Daiwa Nubira as your Bait/Livie rodor the Shimano Terez 10-30lb stick.and buy a 4000 sized reel such as a 4000 Ci4 Stradic or similar Dailwa reel that matches to both rods.This way you can do all tasks really well.All up this would cost around $720

Ill take an approach from a different field for a bait - live bait rod and reelRod - Jigging Master Saber Light Game - $229http://www.elitetackle.com.au/jigging-master-saber-light-jigging-game-rod/ Reel - Avet SX - $160http://www.worldclassreels.com/Avet-SX-series.htmlAll up $389 for a quality outfit - recently bought one for wedge island and now it replaces my Saltiga 60B with z30 reelGoodluck on the purchase mate

Remember, it is the line that keeps you connected to the fish; not your rod/ reel. There's no point in buying a great combo if your going to only spend a few dollars on a cheap brand of braid. It's just not worth the risk when your dealing with fish like mulloway. I have recently purchased some 20lb Power Pro for my mully combo but other brands like Fins would still be sufficient.