Squidgy G jig squid jag

I'm not gonna fill this site up with posts of new products but this one is exceptional and cool. Shimano/Squidgy have released their new range of squid jags called G jigs. They have a soft body like a soft plastic. The colours are awesome and they have a slightly textured body like a cloth wrapped squid jag. Shaped like a Yo Zuri but soft with a little bit of flex in it. I'm pretty excited already. Wait there's more.... It has an in built flashing light. It strobes a red or green (depends on the model) light which is supposed to attract squid. Not sure if it makes any difference but i reckon the soft body will make it lethal. You know how squid will have a crack jag but drop it straight away if it feels funny. I think they'll keep coming back for more resulting in improved squid catches. 100hours of battery life. That's 20 session at 5 hours. Anyone who complains about the mileage of the battery is a scab. I know in a 100 hours i would catch at least 100 squid and if i haven't lost it to a reef it will shagged anyway. $13.99 and worth it i reckon. I'm trying one tommorow. Keep you posted

Guest Butters

i think these would work pretty well... i was catching squid on the weekend on my SP's.. think the feel of the lure might be what the squid are after.. the more natural feel, not the plastic feel.. but then again i'm not a squid so i dont really know... :roll:

• 1 month later...

Osprey i havent even tried it yet. I've been doing a bit of land based fishing for salmon lately. I should call myself the rock cod king cos that's all i've been catching. I caught 3 at deep creek, 3 at myponga, 2 at second valley and 2 red rock cod in NSW in the last month. Wife and i just had our first baby in july so i've been a good boy and helping out as much as i can.

so what he/she pull the scales down too?
Her name is Ashten Natalie Hill and she went 4.45kg or 9lb 13oz. She was a big girly and the heaviest thing i've weighed in for a long time. She rocks. Got my eye on a 3'6" pink ugly stick already. 4lb pink fireline. I reckon she will be a gun fisher chick like her mum.