Myponga creek

Guest Daniel

Hey fellow SHer's doing some google earth probing and got a look at myponga creek. Looks like it could hold fish maybe bream in the estuary and maybe even brownies down from the resi :) Just wondering if anyone's tried it at all. Reminds me a lot of waitpinga creek which I tried once but to no avail...Any comments guys?

I think the creek is on private property and pretty sure there is no tresspassing signs along the fence near the bridge at myponga beach. I'm sure there would be bream in there, there is in every other creek similar to it. Looks pretty shallow though, not sure how big they would be. Might be some deeper holes up near where it enters the valley. But You'd have to make sure you can access it first. I'm guessing back up towards the resi is sa water land too so I'd suspect no access to that either.

I use to fish it regularly back in the late 80's early 90's and yes it did have nice bream, mullet and salmon.I never got huge numbers but they were always XL size fish and can remember having to sprint along the creek bank to keep up with 2kg salmon on more than one occasion. As for the trout, well lets say its the only place Ive ever fished and caught trout where I could still see the sea. Never got big ones but plenty of small fish 15-20cm and only rainbows.There was a barrier of rocks where it was salt one side and fresh the other. You would get trout from pretty well anywhere from there up to where it started to climb into the hills where the going got tough and the pools smaller.As I said this was 20 years ago so all may have changed now but I guess its always worth a look. I found early morning to be best. Also after the winter rains and when it had settled was best as this meant the creek was open to the sea otherwise it tends to become landlocked in the summer.Hope this gives you a few ideascheers snapps

fished it a few years ago aswell but my fish were all little bream but heaps of them,pretty sure there was no private property signs back then, been so long since that sesh maybe the owner got sick of people leaving their rubbish all over the place. Interested to know how you go if you head down that way for a fish