Berkley Nanofil 4lb

Howdy Strkehookers,Gave the new Berkley Nanofil a dance yesterday in 4lb casting hard bodies at Bream.http://www.motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=8053I was not impressed at all. I found the 4lb to be too light and 'wispy' and difficult to cast with. Although the line its self my be good I think the 4lb of less is too light :dry: First cast, wrapped around the first eye on the rod (from the reel)... :huh: Checked the leader knot to make sure there was no tag end sticking out.. cast or two later..around the second eye :pinch: So next I trimmed the leader so the knot was off the reel before casting but also re-tied the leader knot to make sure it was smooth and trimmed the tag end right to the knot :unsure: Didn't make much difference :angry: still got caught on the first or second eye. I think 4lb and under is too light and personally it gets the thumbs down.The 8lb may be a better option to try ;) . Its 0.006" diameter but the slightly heavier line may cast better and leave you with less wind knots and tangles.Cheers :)

Gday Lazz, yes I spooled up one of my reels with it, but after talking to brenton whos opinion I highly regard,to me he would be one of the best bream/Mully west lakes guns going around,I seriously wished I hadnt wasted my hard earned.He was telling me that it is one of the only lines that has given him grief with guide knots as also youve experienced.Also knotting it is a pain in the :c .I can tie pretty much any knot,binimi twist you name it......tried several types on it and unless you doubled both your leader and the nanofil mainline,testing it with a decent pull each way the line snapped at the knot,99% of the time it was the nanofil that gave way.Which if you ever do this test with other braids,fireline ect every time it will be the flurocarbon or leader that gives in first,and thats really giving it some.For me it gets the thumbs down .And having no confidence in it lost me the fish of a lifetime,the biggest reddy i"ve ever seen grabbed my lure in full view first cast of the day,the thing went nuts and fought like hell,but backed the drag off too much as i was worried about the line,and the sucker hung me up.Thumbs down I"m afraid,under the impression its gonna be a huge flop ,and end up on the scrapheap of great ideas that never went anywhere.Cheers B)

aww shucks,i guess its the time i put in as much as anything CalAs for the nanofil my opinion hasn't improved,infact i have no confidence with it at all.The FG seems to tie up leaders pretty well but guide Wraps,memory and it also breaks around the stated BS on the packet instead of almost double like some other braids (if you go buy your standard fireline etc)I'm going to try it on a couple of different rods and see if it solves the guide wrap problem but atm i'm definately excited about the stuff cheers brenton

So is nanofil supposed to be used as leader material or mainline? Doesn't sound too good either way.Sounds like I'll just stick to the braid/ flurocarbon combination then.At least you tried something new.

Mainline Breambo. According to the Berkley youtube video you can use a leader with it or tie it straight to your lure.Power Pro is much much better ;) .Thanks Cal & Brenton good to see I'm not alone in one way ;)

A couple of months back i popped into my local tackle world to get a few reels spooled up with various braids & one of my choices was 4lb Nanofil. The guy serving me popped back after a few minutes telling me he was having difficulty spooling the reel due to the line constantly breaking. Not sure what the setup was out the back of the store, but i'm thankful of the guys honesty. Think i steered down the FinsBraid or Sunline route in the end.