port germein, whats the fishing like

Hi, having established that he can wind MY fish in for ME, our first stop is planned for Port Germein probably afternoon to overnight. are we likely to catch anything off the long Jetty? what should we target? no he hasn't checked the tides for next sunday, thats next to do. we will have pilli, chopped up salmon frame, and SP's, and a few hardboddies, no skill, lots of enthusiasm. any suggestions?

dont worry about havin sore arms :pinch: after walking the magnanamously long jetty your legs will be the thing giving ya grief :P:P if ya get to the end of the jetty fish off the left hand side towards the weed patch there is a sandy hole down there that holds good sized kg's and on a clear day ya should be able to spot the hole fairly easily it is a slight cast though!!we have also caught some stonking big mullet on the run out tide closer to the start of the jetty but be sure to listen for the "splash of the sinker" if fishing at night cos you might find yourself fishing for "sand" whiting (no water) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: glad we packed a torch that night :S :S :S good luck look forward to ya report cheers 4THA

I lived in Pt Pirie for many years and never really had much luck on the jetty fish wise. This time of the year it will be thick with trumpeters I would say but if you like bluey's there should be stacks of them. It might be a bit late for squid but your best bet is the end on the incoming tide.Speaking of tides the jetty is very tide orientated. At low tide its sand virtually 3/4s of its length.At night on high tide it is always worth a try for some snapper too and the odd small kingie is known to show up there from time to time.I would fish the top half of the tide and the same with the outgoing.Ive also seen some thumper bream hanging around the end and the broken part as well when Ive been there in my boat looking for kingies.Hope this helps good luck :) cheerssnapps

Thanks guys, i think the tide will be half out to half in whilst we are there, but we will give it a go anyway, be nice if we can catch a feed. we will have done our driving quota for the day from Mildura. next day will be lurking around Whyalla or Cowell for a day or three,then Arno,Neill,Lipsons,Tumby,Lincoln, Farmbeach,Drummond etcWJ