Hi all,Who went to The Adelaide Boat Show? What did you think?1. Excellent Exhibits & Value2. Interesting & would definately go next year3. OK & would probably go next year 4. Ordinary If your picking 1 or 2 list your favourite sites ie ... The Adelaide Bait & Tackle Boys gave me a great combo deal or advice on Snapper fishing etc. If your picking 3 or 4 - perhaps list what you believe it was missing or how it could be improved.

Hi Broker and welcome to S&H,I didn,t go this year as i was pretty disappointed with the whole thing last year.Not everyone is looking for a boat or has the money to upgrade but i used to enjoy the associated products and stands that were at the old shows,ie tackle shop specials,gadgets and new products tips on how to do this and that and i always used to come home with more than i had intended to buy.It also used to take about 3 hrs to get around the show and even then you might of missed something,now if your not buying a boat you could whip around in 25mins.So basically what i,m saying is the lack of exhibiters and stands does not make the Boat Show value for money anymore.From discussions on this and other sites i,d reckon my views would reflect the opinions of most rec fishers. cheers brenton

not what u were asking; but Didnt bother going either as i have learnt (from the previous) that its just not worth it anymore. I used to take my Bro as a day out, now it would be an insult if i took him there, rather do something else, like go fishing or drive around to all of adelaides good tacklestores to see whats up.That said im not in the market for a boat (its just not worth a look these days), too hard to get to, to expensive, too little to see, too much aimed at millionaires.

Yes - there is plenty of executive vessels on show. I went for the first time in years. I thought for $15 with the kids in free that it was great value. There was gear, tackle, eskies, charters, speaker systems, sounders, plenty of boats-yachts-canoes and out boards houseboat holidays, pirsa, kids free stuff, kids castles, electronic gadgets, yorke peninsula info, mouring details, insurance info, wine tasting, sailfish virtual captures and a few other stalls of interest.With the above noted - there was limited tackle - I think its as everyone that goes wants a bargain so $70 - 120 combo's looked to be popular. I suppose if you want quality gear you would go directly to a tackle shop. I enjoyed it - but I'm also looking forward to it going back to the showgrounds ;)

Hi Yak ... first time I've been to it in a long time - I'm not on the Adelaide Boat Show Board and I'm not really that passionate. I just hadn't been for ages and as the general comments from blokes who have gone in past years have filtered back to me that - ITS FAR TO EXPENSIVE! I went this year and thought it could have had more stalls - but for $15 bucks and my kids are in free was OK - what do you get for that now-a-days ... a cheap lure, 6 litres of fuel, a six pack and almost a movie ticket. I agree with most of the other fish'os though - I'm looking forward to when it returns to Wayville Showgrounds. The cheaper rents will probably allow a few more stalls. I also wondered whether any one bought a boat from the show. There is so many there - that they would have to sell a few Bar Crushers, Tinnies & Kayaks for the money they pour into it.Anyhow - gotta go catch a fish .. or at least fondle some tackle for a few hours

As the weather was crap for fishing, thought I'd drive in and see if I could get a free park around North Terrace. Did not think it would be good value to pay to park then pay to get in as I had been the last couple of years and was not expecting much to have changed. Lucky me found an all day park just off North Tce. Only took a little whilst to work out every dealer was in the same location as previous years. I spent 4 hours walking around looking at all the boats. Not many fishing gear exhibits. New bass boat exhibit was interesting. Lots of exhibits re water safety and regulations. Did find a Lowrance/Eagle man that had not been there in previous years that answered a couple of questions for me. Only made the one buy in 4 hours. All my previous visits to the boat show had been with fishing buddies. You seem to follow each other around looking at whatever anyone wanted to see but always on the move. By myself, I could look at what I wanted to in my own timeframe. Would have to say time went quick enough and I sort of enjoyed myself. May go again next year. Broker, I'd rate it as a 2 - 3.Cheers Sunova

• 3 months later...

:)i went to the show bought a 4.7 metre Quintrex cv runabout :boat:. very happy with boat not so happy >:( with service but thats another story. show was ok could be more associated stuff such as tackle etc there were a lot of charter information from inter state but not much local stuff maybe the locals cant afford the rent and it would be better back at wayville rate show as ok i think that was a 3 happy fishing everyone.

• 3 weeks later...