improving salmon catches

Next time you and your mate are hooking into a few salmon, try and keep a hooked fish in the water in close and get your mate to throw a bait or lure next to that area.Other salmon will hang around the hooked salmon and you can get double hook ups more often.Then while the first fish is de-hooked, keep the second fish in the water until you can get another hook up and so on.....Has worked plenty for us in the past {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

This works for squid also. I've done it heaps of times. Squid will follow a hooked one up to the boat. I went out by myself once (cos all my mates were playing Keno) and got one, but others were following. So i left it in the water and threw out another just behind it and hooked up again. I pulled one in and threw it back again and again. I got 15 in 5 minutes about 150mt from the boat ramp i just launched from. I hadn't even cracked a beverage yet. Off to a flying start. I mucked around for another 4 hours and still went home with15 squids. Not complaining at all.

Another good one for catching squid (if you have a boat) is to do 3 circles about 30 meters in diameter, after the last circle, drive the boat into the middle of the circle and stop there and just drift, start working your squid lure, you will be sure to catch squid or three. The water being churned up will get the squid active and bring them out for a sticky beak , they feel secure thinking the bubbles created will give them cover and protection from predators. WRONGYou will get 4 or 5 squid from that area, if not more, when it goes quiet move to another area and try again.

Great stuff!!!I have used the "KENO" technique when fishing for redfin. When i catch a small one it gets a hook through the back and gets chucked out under a balloon or squid float, then I cast my lure around the float. Sometimes a small sinker is required to prevent the reddy hiding under the balloon. Works well on medium sized fish, and surely improves the odds!Once i even caught a huge reddy on the baby one!!!