More twiggy creek pics

I got a head like a robbers dog, don't wanna scare people away from the site ;):laugh::laugh: . Nah you get burnt pretty quick up in the mountains and we have been fishing pretty hard lately and on top of that, I don't like getting sunscreen grease on my line and flies etc. I've had six weeks off and the old sun spots are starting to get bad on the back of the hands :S. I quiet word of warning for you young blokes and something I've finally drilled into my young bloke cover up.I've seen spawning pairs of browns upto 4-5 Ib in the upper reaches of this creek and I've heard rumors of fish upto 8Ib.The Canberra fires just about did this creek in with ash and sediment etc. We have had a few years of good rain now and it's starting to clear the sedimnt out and the fish seem to be bouncing backalong with the vegetation. I release everthing I catch in this creek it's small and wouldn't last long if people took fish out of it. :boot:

• 1 month later...
Spot looks familiar' date=' If its private property in SA u gotta get permishWont refuse but its nice to ask first[/quote']I think you will find 1 fish caught these near Canberra mate.His post says the stream has just recovered after the bushfires in Canberra.High fly is on the money regarding SA streams though.Cheers all happy fly flick'n

Ahh yeah.. not in SA. :huh: If you can however find a stocked stream called Twiggy creek in SA by all means please let us know if it's yours and we WILL ask first :unsure:

Twig fishing is a term used by Aussie fly fishers using 1 or 2 weight rods (or lighter) in tight environments.I think 1 fish was describing the creek not giving its name of twiggy creek.Have a look at the fly life forums there is an ongoing topic on twig fishing.But if there is a creek of this name please let me know so I can fish it on my next visit to the snowies.Happy fly flick'n