PB Rainbow Trout 43cm

Started back at work today an was chatting to the apprentice . He was telling me about his uncles work an how there was this big trout in the dam there . I was like "wanna go up there after work an have a crack" he said "sure" . Not sure if it was the same fish three times but i had fish chase my lure twice to the bank . The first time i retrieved till the lure was out of the water and only saw the fish at the last second . The second time i saw the fish fallow , stopped two feet from the surface and the fish struck but no hook up . Just before i hook up i pause a sec an the fish strikes an you can see this in the video .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGmZCFFLaXEIMG_9711Medium.JPGIt went 43cm . I had to stick a lure in my camera bag strap to measure later as i forgot my tape measure .IMG_9715Medium.JPGStill haven't got it out .IMG_9716Medium.JPG

Cheers fellas . Yeah i am getting a collection uhf and i am liking the trout fishing . I do have you to thank for that as well fella . Some second hand info and away we go . trout trout an some more trout . Incidentally uhf i had some fella on youtube say that the trout i caught in one of my videos was a brook trout ? any ideas ?

Very doubtful it would be a brook trout as Brook trout populations depend on cold, clear, well-oxygenated water of high purity, and i have never heard of one being encountered in South Australia. Post the link for this video, sounds extremely odd but very interesting, so curious to see whether it is a brookie. Trout Trout Trout :P

Very doubtful it would be a brook trout as Brook trout populations depend on cold' date=' clear, well-oxygenated water of high purity, and i have never heard of one being encountered in South Australia. Post the link for this video, sounds extremely odd but very interesting, so curious to see whether it is a brookie. Trout Trout Trout :P[/quote']I'm pretty sure there are some brook trout down south, if you know where to look.... only a few spots...Sambo

It is hard work getting any fishing on vid Softy . It would of definitely be awesome getting you 51cm on vid . Just in case they were brookies Samboman these were in the north . If you know were the southern family is i could fill you in on the northern ones ?

looking at your vid they are browns.... i'm sure someone a few years ago got one down south' date=' it wasn't a rainbow or brown.... it was on the other S.A. site...And i have some spots that would blow your mind B)SouthOzRainbowonplastic.jpgSambo
Very doubtful it would be a brook trout as Brook trout populations depend on cold' date=' clear' date=' well-oxygenated water of high purity, and i have never heard of one being encountered in South Australia. Post the link for this video, sounds extremely odd but very interesting, so curious to see whether it is a brookie. Trout Trout Trout :P[/quote'']I'm pretty sure there are some brook trout down south, if you know where to look.... only a few spots...Sambo
Very Big Laugh to that one as brook trout have never been stocked in South Australia. On top of that it is factual information that the condition of the stream really does have to be top notch and even in the Snowys where the water quality is good there are only a few creeks that theese fish can live in comfort without peril.Even if someone got there hands on some to stock into a creek and thrown them in, there mortality rate would be extremely high and they WILL very quickly die.As for your video Jimbo, cool stuff its great fun isnt it. However they were all nice little browns no brookies there, also you must keep in mind that the section of the torrens you are fishing is under lease from SAFFA and deemed no access to the public by SA water so it probably wouldnt be too wise putting footage up of you guys fishing there. Not the smartest thing to do really.Doesnt this site have conditions against that kind of thing? maybe this ranger fellow should analyse this. FF
yeah cheers FF ' date=' but if i can pull up an park with no fences no signs and the water is right there an no one stops me then i think i might have a crack .[/quote']In theory youd think this should be the case, sadly it is not and if someone wanted to hastle you they could very well do so. bottom line is fishing is good and its not a criminal activity in my eyes