Thanks dudes,Couple of guy's I fish with reckon around the 7Ib bracket.Suprised a lot more SA freshie fishers don't head over this way. We have been living here for nearly two years now and I have only bumped into one other south ozzy up at Jindabyne. Heaps of :c Victorians :):) no shortage of them like Carp ;) I will put up a report soonCheers 1fish

Thanks dudes' date='Couple of guy's I fish with reckon around the 7Ib bracket.Suprised a lot more SA freshie fishers don't head over this way. We have been living here for nearly two years now and I have only bumped into one other south ozzy up at Jindabyne. Heaps of :c Victorians :):) no shortage of them like Carp ;) I will put up a report soonCheers 1fish[/quote']Wow 7lb is a flipping great fish mate!A Big congrats on that one. Im in awe. Would love to catch one that big. :clap::d/:d/:d/:d/:d/

I get over there on a regular basis. Love the thredbo in Summer for the dry fly action and Uecumbene river during opening week is mind blowing.A couple of years ago myself and three fly fishing buddies got 257 rainbows during opening week.Most were black slabby spent fish but we got some fresh run fish amongst them.We did cheat a bit using indicators but never stooped as low as glow bugs (yet)Cracker fish mate have only caught 2 that big in over 30 years and had to go to NZ for them.I am green with envy.CongratsRollcast

Nice fish Fishigan. These fish go a dark colour in spawning season. The fish also vary in colour from lake to lake dependant on water clarity and quality. I've even noticed a diffeance from river to river creek to creek. I have attahced two other browns I caught on the same day one from the lake and one from the river.

DSCF6109_2012-01-23.JPG

DSCF6152_2012-01-23.JPG