Flytying Classes and lessons

Hey guys I'm thinking of running some Flytying classes tying both Fresh and Saltwater flies and would like to know if there would be any interest out there in doing this or one on one lessons.If there is please PM me for more details of what I have in mind or register your interest here and if there is enough response I'll get it off the ground.Cheers Darren

Fantastic initiative Darren onya for encouraging the guys to learn a fascinating hobby and you get to catch fish with your own creations as a bonus. :clap::clap::clap: From memory, this topic/initiative was introduced a year or more ago and although there was a lot of enthusiasm it simply died off with out getting any further :( I'd like to see some sort of organisation in place such as Goldy suggested, ie, a possible venue, whattimes, weekends, evenings? and any possible costs incurred like a Hall hire fee, cost of fly tying kits, hooks and materials. The "time poor" among us could then plan around and commit to your idea more readily?Just a few thoughts and thanks again Darren.

Great Idea Fishnuts!I just had a quick question, I know this is Fly tying. But I was wondering if a Fly Casting class may be also an option. I would be very keen on seeing this. As I am really starting to get interested in the art of Fly Fishing. I think it would be great for when I own a Fly Rod to instead of learning to cast myself and having a flawed technique. Learn to cast from someone that is experienced and well informed. Cheers TT

Hi Tony,At the moment I'm looking at personal one on one lessons until I can get a larger gathering organised. I want to set things up where whoever does the lessons takes home the flies they tied aswell as the ones I tied while showing them using the materials I supply, maybe a short DVD to take away with what they have learnt and of course paperwork :laugh: with instructions to follow if they get stuck when at home. Something along these lines will make a great start for those really interested and also you don't have to worry about blokes saying they are going to turn up to a hall and no-one shows. Also with the one on one I can go at the pace of the person learning and spend time explaining things at their pace. Anyway, I have alot to pass on so if people are interested I might do a group thing later, I just want to see if the numbers of people are worth the exercise or not at the moment. Thanks for your thoughts.TT,Mate I could incorporate some casting into the mix but I wouldn't want to pass onto you all my bad habits :laugh::laugh: If you want to do the tying lessons I can always just walk down to the park at the end of my street and show you a cast or two.Thanks guys.Cheers Darren

I may well be keen Darren' date=' what kind of cost would be associated?[/quote']Darren I'm sure Mars wouldn't mind a shared lesson and cost/petrol etc if you are keen. I have seen your fine work first hand and also casting abilities and know we could both learn a lot from you.Would also be keen on getting you out for a session once a few tips are put into practice. Our own spots of course

G'day Jaggs,Mate that could be arranged no problem. Once it's all sorted I'll let you know. I've had quite a few PM's from people interested so it may well be a goer.Chat soon.Cheers DarrenTony all people will be frisked for recording devices before entry by my 7 foot body guard or my wife, which ever they prefer :laugh: :sick:

TT,Mate I could incorporate some casting into the mix but I wouldn't want to pass onto you all my bad habits If you want to do the tying lessons I can always just walk down to the park at the end of my street and show you a cast or two.Thanks guys.Cheers Darren

Thanks mate. I think I may been interested also in doing the tying lessons! Would be good to have a few patterns ready for when I start to fish..You don't possibly know of any like Coaches of Fly Casting in Adelaide? Or anyone that could help??TT