Running sinker on braid for snapper

This is how I' date='ve been setting up for snapper of late,The easy rig is clip faces the braid and the terminal is a Shogun hawaiian clip.[img']http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/Moggy23/other/HAWAIIANsnap.jpg[/img]The easy rig is on back to front in this photoPosted Image

what's the difference in the way you have the clip facing Mog ??cheers 4THA
This is how I' date='ve been setting up for snapper of late' date='The easy rig is clip faces the braid and the terminal is a Shogun hawaiian clip.The easy rig is on back to front in this photowhat's the difference in the way you have the clip facing Mog ??cheers 4THA[/quote'']On the slack tide and getting tidal surges, it helps stops the braid from getting hooked in the eye of the easyrig. Also if the line gets slack during casting I found it almost eliminated the tangle. B)
This is how I' date='ve been setting up for snapper of late' date='The easy rig is clip faces the braid and the terminal is a Shogun hawaiian clip.The easy rig is on back to front in this photowhat's the difference in the way you have the clip facing Mog ??cheers 4THA[/quote'']On the slack tide and getting tidal surges, it helps stops the braid from getting hooked in the eye of the easyrig. Also if the line gets slack during casting I found it almost eliminated the tangle. B)
Amazing how something so simple can make all the difference. :clap::clap::clap: :woohoo: ;)
Amazing how something so simple can make all the difference. :clap::clap::clap: :woohoo: ;)
he's a th/sinker our moggy thats for sure :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is how I' date='ve been setting up for snapper of late,The easy rig is clip faces the braid and the terminal is a Shogun hawaiian clip.[img']http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/Moggy23/other/HAWAIIANsnap.jpg[/img]The easy rig is on back to front in this photoPosted Image

Cheers guys hadnt seen this variation of the running rig, and like it a lot.Dont use running rigs very often but if I did, id be keen to use this one. :clap::clap::clap:

Cheers guys hadnt seen this variation of the running rig, and like it a lot.Dont use running rigs very often but if I did, id be keen to use this one. :clap::clap::clap:
Well there you go UHF thats how Moggs is so successful on the boat with the reds and is the best set up for the rocks too as you use a lighter line for the sinker. That way when you get snagged most of the time you only lose that. ;) Also the Hawaiian clips makes it easy to re-rig when the reds are gut hooked. ;):lol:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I kind of do understand where your coming from there Rickster in regards to running a light trace to the sinker, but most rock spots that I fish are just too reefy and unsuitable for running rigs, and normally I try and elevate the baits up just a tad higher on the standard patternoster rig just so the hooks dont hook the reef. B) :cheer: If I was to choose a running rig out in the boat it would be either when over at Ards (As most of those grounds are mussell beds and the fish have there noses burried in an out of the sand) or say out in the middle of Spencers and at whyalla as results in the past have shown that the fish there love to pick the bait up off the bottom there. :d/ Just had too much success on Patternoster to ever change the method in most of the areas ive fished so far though. :d/:clap::clap::clap::clap: But as you know the most successfull anglers have a range of tactics that can be employed to find out what the fish are doing in that session.Definately a great point about being able to unhook the trace quickly and re-rig during a hot biteAs far as rigs go, its definately Poetry at play. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Has anyone had problems with the braid biting through the plastic of the ezyrig?My mates looked worse for wear after a big day fishing.. It had cut through that much it would get stuck' date=' so i'm slightly hesitant to use them when snapper fishing now[/quote']I chamfer the edges with a filleting knife, never had an issue.The braid used by me and the lad is a Sufix 832.Caught quite a few 10 kg plus snapper and bloody sting rays without getting busted off. B)
Has anyone had problems with the braid biting through the plastic of the ezyrig?My mates looked worse for wear after a big day fishing.. It had cut through that much it would get stuck' date=' so i'm slightly hesitant to use them when snapper fishing now[/quote']I chamfer the edges with a filleting knife' date=' never had an issue.The braid used by me and the lad is a Sufix 832.Caught quite a few 10 kg plus snapper and bloody sting rays without getting busted off. B)[/quote']i can vouch for the strength of his knots and use of the hawaian clips as we have had to tie off to the bollard to snap his traces b4 but havn't seen one cut into the ezy rig yet B) cheers 4THA
Has anyone had problems with the braid biting through the plastic of the ezyrig?My mates looked worse for wear after a big day fishing.. It had cut through that much it would get stuck' date=' so i'm slightly hesitant to use them when snapper fishing now[/quote']I chamfer the edges with a filleting knife' date=' never had an issue.The braid used by me and the lad is a Sufix 832.Caught quite a few 10 kg plus snapper and bloody sting rays without getting busted off. B)[/quote']i can vouch for the strength of his knots and use of the hawaian clips as we have had to tie off to the bollard to snap his traces b4 but havn't seen one cut into the ezy rig yet B) cheers 4THA
I thought HSV's TCurve was going to break first on the last outing with that sting ray. B)
I thought HSV's TCurve was going to break first on the last outing with that sting ray. B)
was it his light one or medium 1 cant remember ??
Has anyone had problems with the braid biting through the plastic of the ezyrig?My mates looked worse for wear after a big day fishing.. It had cut through that much it would get stuck' date=' so i'm slightly hesitant to use them when snapper fishing now[/quote']I chamfer the edges with a filleting knife' date=' never had an issue.The braid used by me and the lad is a Sufix 832.Caught quite a few 10 kg plus snapper and bloody sting rays without getting busted off. B)[/quote']i can vouch for the strength of his knots and use of the Hawaiian clips as we have had to tie off to the bollard to snap his traces b4 but haven't seen one cut into the ezy rig yet B) cheers 4THA
was it his light one or medium 1 cant remember ??
That was the Snapper 5-8 kg overhead, brilliant rod

I run a leader about 8-10ft tied with a surgeon knot and a hawaiin snap connected to a 3ft rig with double circles snelled to the end and the ezy on the leader. When the leader is to short I find the braid starts to wrap as described. Depends on the conditions though because if it's reedy I use a paternoster with a single line with double snelled circles again.Moggys rig is the go.

hey Rollas hows youre sucess rate on the double snelled circles , just interested as i only ever snelled normal 6/0 gammas but use the circles as a single set up?? have you hooked up on the second snelled circle hook before?? and was it still lip hooked if ya did i thought of snelling a normal j hook to my circle thinking that the circle wouldn't work, the way the hook is set up interested in your response cheers 4THA