Has anyone had a chance to see these new reels yet?Posted ImageI picked mine up the day before yesterday. Considering i paid $290 for my 2500 ci4 just over a year ago I thought it was brilliantly priced at $330 for the 2500.It looks amazing but it is considerably smoother than my ci4 and lays line a lot better. Shimano have beefed the drag up to 8kgs now but i'll have to test it when i respool as i'm running 8lb. I went for a quick flick yesterday for nada so I'll have to wait to give it a real test. It comes with a cool little stand that it can lean on instead of the handle too. Looks a bit funny but does the job well :)Posted ImageDefinitely worth checking out :)Squid

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: That is Killer!I think Ive got the exact same braid on my Caldia 2506 but cant remember for the life of me what it is as I purchased 2 or 3 different spools of braid that day and looked at like every braid Ray and Annes had on their shelf. But the green stuff ive got is so fine in diameter. it cast squid jags a country mile.Brettis it some sort of daiwa braid or maybe sunline?

Moggy the ratio is only slightly higher at 5.2 to 1. Your hardly going to notice it in bread and butter fishing like soft plastics for snapper, whiting fishing - only time you could notice it is with finesse presentations to bream.would only mean the slightest of adjustments of lure speed required.I have one of the 4000 models on order but am unsure if I can afford it at moment..but if I had the cash I would buy it in a heart beat. As statesquidder said, the value for money is great!Ray and Annes are selling them cheaper than you can buy in from America yourself.