Venus Bay GPS marks or general information

ay mateI have looked high and low in the boat, on the lap top and both gps but I cant seem to find the marks. I only had a few but ill try and describe them to you the best I can so bare with me lol.First the bay of Venus bay isnt really that big. It consist of two boat ramps one concrete bottom and the other just of the sheltered beach. I like to section the bay into Four main parts 1# The rock faces, 2# sand bar / reef, 3#Channel around to Port Kenny 4# The Jetty1# The rock faces:This area is the area to the left of the jetty at the concrete boat ramp. The Rock faces basicly run along the edge of the bay running out through the heads ( where the rollers come in ). The bottom is mixed up of broken ground,mainly rocks, sand patches and a few weed lines. I have caught KG whitting, squid ,tommies salmon and the odd flathead throught this area. What to watch out for is dont get to close to the rock faces as it does get shallow quick and the closer you get to the heads be ware of the odd small roller coming into the bay but you will see what I mean when you get there. Like anything be awhere of your surroundings and you will be fine. 2#Sand bar / ReefThis area is best explained on a slight rightish angle about 45 degrees from the end of the jetty. It is out of water on low tide. It is only like 10 mintues from the Concrete boat ramp. This area is almost in the straight line to the heads and there is more of a chance of the smaller rollers coming into this section. Smaller rollers being around 1 to 2 foot nothing more but that is only when the tide, wind and currents are all playing together. I woudnt be to concerned with this just thought id mention it . This area is really good of KG and squid, you will often see a pro boat or two sitting in this area ( usually a open tinny of around 5m with big green or blue eskys on them ) good sign to see the fish are on . 3#The channel around to Port Kenny This is what it states , its the channel and is only marked with sigle posts, its not a big channel so dont adventure to far off the post and there aint a lot of them so take it slow around there. You will cross a large sand bar and basicly it nice white bottoms all the way around so pick a spot , berley up and try . 4# The JettyWell you cant miss this its the Jetty , maybe 2 Prawn Boats around the bend and maybe a smaller cray boat at the TEE. It's quite deep and you could catch just about anything. Beware there may be the reisident seal that will stir up the fish and scare them away. Try using a white piece of fish flesh at night under a light at night around the bend for big snook. Other things to know . People like to launch from the beach i wouldnt reckomend this unless you have a 4x4 and CONFIDENT in using it on the sand pulling a boat. There are areas that become water logged very easy and I have seen a few cars go under trying to get out. Dont park on the beach if you launch from there as the water comes in quite far and covers the entire beach at times . To be safe rather then sorry just use the ramp. Another suggestion for fish is try the Surf Beaches out the back of the township Mount Cammel for medium to big Salmon. When I am over there I hit the bay in the morning and the beaches at dusk. Hope this helps and keep me posted on your catches Wadey :fishing:

• 1 month later...

The tommies will be on tap off the jetty in the evenings as many as you want you can see them. If you're lucky you will also get trevalley and the odd KG on cockles if the tommies don't get to them first. As for boat fishing you don't need to be far off shore for the KGs. We brought the tinny there a couple of years ago and were catching them not 100m off shore. No GPS just looking for the sand patches amongst the weed. You can also get some monster gar there at certain times of the year. good luck.

Venus Bay- What a GREAT spot to fish!Well explained wadey on explaining the place! That's where I'ld be and am going fishing all the time.Have my parents in law live there and am always out on the boat and off the jetty!At the momenet there is HEAPS and HEAPS of little tinnies getting out there first thing in the morning and most of them are getting their quota of nice size KG's. But when the tide stops head over to the reef and try for some squid!If you ever see the pillie boat unloading get your :c to the jetty!!!! and hook up on as many tommies and trevally you want! Also keep you eyes peeled for the BIG salmon swimming around. pulled many over 4kg up that jetty. And snook! the size of baseball bat's.It is such beautiful spot and the fishin is really easy and safe(within the bay)Try the Mt Camel for a nice afternoon surf fishing mission can be HOT there at times!I live in Elliston and try to get to venus bay every couple of weeks!Enjoy that beautiful place.Lines tight!