The Port,the rescue, the donut, the runs, the busts with jimbojames and Jack

Howdy hookstersJIMBO hit the Murray mouth last night and met me at Snowdens ramp at 610am. We launched into a beautiful port morning and had a nice long run up river to a good dropoff infront of.some flats. Live bait caught, livebait rigged and we were away :)Not long before we noticed bait fish leaping out the water on the flats, so motored around to muscle in on the action. Nothing came of it unfortunately. But loads of gar and sts and shitties. ;)Phase two another big run to catch the north arm tide.Live bait was the go with Jimbo onto a good run early, but it wasn't to be :( two more runs and unmistakable tailbeats. Never got to turn its head.Was pretty frustrating to watch, so I rigged up a shitty on my back up rod. The tide was moving a bit too well, so I put a 6/0 through thee tip lip and the second 6/0 free as a stinger. Bzzzzzzz, she went off, my first run on a shitty :) I got done same as Jimbo. :c spewin!Jimbo fishes out of gear and I fish in gear, and both of us missed out in similar ways, so maybe the fish were just not taking a bait cleanly like I'm used too. Big shame Ive lost a bit of form for jimbos double port river trip, but I like to think he had a good ride in thee WARPIG and a decent sight see too.We hit the main river high, northarm and swan alley. We actually saw two mulloway, jimbo had like 6 hookup runs over the two days, but we just couldn't get one in the boat..... Well that's fishin ;)EPILOGUE : THE RESCUEI was so determined to get jimbo (me :laugh: ) a jewie, that I stayed anchored up till the tide was fully hardcore racing, pumping like it sometimes does through the northarm.As we left, I noticed a couple people in a canoe seemed to be pushed up against the mangroves. I motored slow and went to check where the paddlers were before jumping on the plane...... O oh, no paddlers.Then I saw them pressed up hard against a wreck, IN the water. I figured they would right the canoe and get going. We were drifting hard now ourselves .Since they weren't righting themselves, we closely motored over and yeld 'youse okay?' answer came back 'Nup'.There was no way they were getting back in that canoe, so sea rescue team Jack&JImbo went into action. It was way harder to do than I would've thought. We were drifting, so I told em my plan and motored ahead, put the boat in reverse and just held in the current with my stern facing the.hapless couple. As the came close I put the engine outta gear and they soon reached my stern before the boat picked up drift again.Still had.to.get the buggers in, so I through a rope and manned the controls watching our drift cautiously as 1st mate.jimbo hoisted the passengers aboard. ladies first and then the canoes captain B) We emptied as much water out of the canoe as we could and towed it back to garden island.Two things mention:1. A dude up on the plane while staring at us pull the couple aboard.... Well done tool, as if it wasn't hard enough anyway :angry:2. In Angus inlet, two boats overtook me. I was going slow, but it's only 7knots anyway and the first skipper forced me.to change.course and then wash about in his wake. Bad driving dude... Seriously I AM Majorly sick of fair weather fools our there. he thought he was a bit special in his glass boat..... Well, perhaps it's best I didn't retrieve at garden island cos we would have had proper words :angry:FINALLY, our happy couple disembarked at garden island. Lovely couple they were too. AFTER jimbo stopped hitting on the.dudes mrs :P , I showed her pictures of my kids and we all had a laugh on our way back. They do the paddle often, but the tide stuffed em today, and I can see how things could easily go wrong for anyone in that rip.After a handshake the guy goes "lucky for plastic money" and gave me a. $fifty$. I tried to refuse, but he wouldn't have it back.Good run all the way to Snowdens. On the highway on the way home I thought "where's that $fifty$. So I pulled on the.shoulder incase it was in the boat lol.WHAT DO YOU KNOW, THE CANOING COUPLE SAW Me ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, THOUGHT I HAD BROKEN DOWN AND STOPPED TO HELP. How good it that. I gave.em.a thumbs up and was soon home to face the music from MY Mrs."SO WHATS YOUR EXCUSE THIS TIME??? "She said :laugh: :laugh:I just showed her.this picture of mine and Jimbos new best mates :) :)REMEMBER people, a little bit of GOOD Karma goes a long long way. Posted Image

unlucky again fellas... change of action for us tomorrow.. since you guys have had no luck its kingy time for us :D :D.... hope you get onto them soon... maybe jimbo is a bad omen??? He is from down south :D :D :D :D

YEP, bloody southerners hey :P the WARPIG and I were ten from ten before Jimbo (the omen) James came for a ride :laugh: :laugh:...he will be in zombieland now fast asleep his Murray mouth/ Port River rescue session :laugh: I think them lads got a jewie down the mouth last night but ;)Good luck on the kingies BANGA :woohoo:

Nice report fella . Still a bit sleepy after the epic adventure last night an this morning . Glad they are ok , it's a good reminder that it can happened so quick that you get in trouble . Funny picking there belongings out of the water as they drifted past . When i helped the lady in she past me her hand bag which had her purse , phone , keys bits an pieces an about 5 litres of water . They were very grateful for the help an we did are good deed for the day . Is a shame we didn't boat any fish but still awesome for the the tour of the port and to just hook up to a few an now they are there was fantastic . I loved it when i could see the salmon trout on my line an then about 6 or 7 of his mates follow to see what is going on , stop , an bang another two salmon trout hit the other hooks . Triple header salmon trout thank you very much. I will have to leave that bloody southern bad omen fella at home next time an see how we go then ? Thank you very much again for the opportunity Jack . Greatly appreciated .

Well Done Boys' date=' Love your Work :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:[/quote']Hey, reading my post back, I said 'we' a lot :laugh: when in actual fact I had the great idea of manning the controls and watching for danger :laugh: Jimbo, tired as a dog was busy hoisting them aboard.... Unless you've got a ladder, (or a Jimbo) I don't know how you'd get soaking wet people aboard. I tried right at the end to get the fella aboard with jimbo and far out it was difficult! By the time they were in and the canoe was good to tow, we had drifted a good 500m or more.
AT the risk of sounding completely irreverent' date=' especially with all the shark fishing stuff in the media, couldn't you have chucked the two kayakers back in as livies and seen what you could have hooked up on then?Wannabe[/quote']Haha the lady asked me how the fishing went and I said 'you two are our best catch all day... But we usually catch and release hey' :laugh: