Best place to catch a carp?

Howdy all,I was just wondering in your opinion where i would be likely to catch a carp or a few of them? :boot: We have fished off the goolwa wharf before the last drought and got a few and the bloke from the seafood shop on beach rd reckons the dam off to the left of the cove rd at hallett cove produces a few, we didnt get any though. Is the torrens around the city a good spot? I would like to take the kids to get some crab bait. We are down south around morphett vale.

Gday fella . There is a stack of carp in the ponds on river road Norlunga. Was there a month ago an was catching one every few minutes . Is was great for my nephews , trying to teach them how to fish . Lots of 15 to 20 cm models , caught 10 in half hour with a couple of nice 50 to 60 cm in there to . Got my pb catfish in there of about 60ish cm . Good fun an a great way to spend an arvo with the kids . Good luck .

Gday fella . There is a stack of carp in the ponds on river road Norlunga. Was there a month ago an was catching one every few minutes . Is was great for my nephews ' date=' trying to teach them how to fish . Lots of 15 to 20 cm models , caught 10 in half hour with a couple of nice 50 to 60 cm in there to . Got my pb catfish in there of about 60ish cm . Good fun an a great way to spend an arvo with the kids . Good luck .[/quote']Is that just down from perry's bend? Arent they sewerage settling ponds? Might give it a try after work soon..

Is that just down from perry's bend? Arent they sewerage settling ponds? Might give it a try after work soon.. Yep . At the other end of board walk from perrys . It is storm water run off but it might at one time been the over flow for the settling ponds but they have now been gone for a while due to the seaford rail extension .I use three hooks un weighted an usually get the bigger ones with a little sinker an further out . If your heading down next week after work let us know if your keen to catch up for a fish .

Is that just down from perry's bend? Arent they sewerage settling ponds? Might give it a try after work soon.. Yep . At the other end of board walk from perrys . It is storm water run off but it might at one time been the over flow for the settling ponds but they have now been gone for a while due to the seaford rail extension .I use three hooks un weighted an usually get the bigger ones with a little sinker an further out . If your heading down next week after work let us know if your keen to catch up for a fish .

What have you been using for bait? Corn? I think i know the area, i was in the noarlunga downs area tonight above the ponds and i could see the one you mean. We are going to take a day trip to the goolwa wharf on saturday and have a fish sometime in the arvo, depending on how we go i will hit the pond one night next week, i'll let you know and thanks again :clap:
MickSA' date=' if you're down south, the Fountain Valley? lake/pond is just on Sth Rd too, just at the Woodcroft turnoff..Been quite a few reports of carp etc from there.... No blind mullet though.. :whistle:[/quote']Thanks tonka i have fished that area a few times but don't think i have landed one yet :whistle: Been quite a while though :)