As far as I'm concerned Carp is crap. On a hunting trip I did however try it smoked. One fillet brined, the other salted, and I must say it was palatable done in this fashion.....we were dirty and hungry at the time though, which may have affected my perception.I was just watching a cooking/lifestyle programme on channel 44, where they caught, prepared and cooked a carp. I have no idea what it would be like, but I thought I'd share it with you for anyone game to try it.Carp bled immediately after capture.Filletted leaving ribcage intact (fillets are quite small given the size of fish).Left in saltwater overnight.Marinated in Soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic.Dusted with flour and coated with tempura batter.Lightly fried in oil until barely golden brown.They suggest the bleeding and soaking in saltwater gets rid of the muddy taste, and by not taking the ribcage with the fillets it reduces the number of bones.I may give it a go sometime myself, maybe on my next camping trip, in the name of science and experimentation.........I'll take one for the team and report back! :S

Boil your carp in a billy with sea water and a stone. Then throw away the carp and eat the stone :d/:laugh: Nah seriously, sounds good, i will try it. I actually pickle carp fragments with the usual vinegar/chilli/lime/brown sugar/ herbs....a single jar once saved me when i got bogged solo deep on the peninsular.

got a better one for ya`s catch carp,bleed,take carp home,dig a hole about 600mm deep,put carp in the bottom, fill in hole, take a tamato seed, plant in ground,and water,watch tamato seed grow,take off tamatos when red and ripe,now go catch a snapper(steak of the sea)take tamatos cut into 1/4 and fill inside cavity of caught snapper adding lemonsalt and pepper to taste,bake in a medium over for half hour coverd in alfoil,then remove foil and bake on high for another 10 min,this to me is the best way to get the most out of any carp i have caught ,flavour wise anyhow ;)

• 3 weeks later...