Berkley Fireline

Been using Fireline in various colours and breaking strains for years. I find the fused gelspun is a bit stiffer & easier to tie knots in than some of the more limp braids. I also find it fairly easy to unpick when the knots appear!!Grey 6lb fireline and size 4 circles are killer on KGW!Wahoo

Fireline is great to use for a first time braid/gelspun user' date=' any other brand line you use afterwards will be a big step up. ;) start with the worst and all the rest will be a dream to use :laugh:[/quote']Not a 100% sure that I totally agree with this.I am no novice braid user, but still find that value for money performance wise the lighter poundages in fireline you just cant beat. In my opinion it just isnt worth spending any more money on light braid. And with lighter braids you really dont want it too fine or it gets too hard to tie knots when you are freezing cold chasing trout on days that are colder and wetter than todaySo ive tried most of the big name and quite a few of the big dollar braids but for light line fishing I always find myself heading to the shops for Fireline.
Fireline is great to use for a first time braid/gelspun user' date=' any other brand line you use afterwards will be a big step up. ;) start with the worst and all the rest will be a dream to use :laugh:[/quote']Have used TD Sensor a few times on my Steez and Sol.... way to much lost to wind knots to justifiy $75 a spool...Will try PE Sunline next may be....Sambo

I might have been a bit harsh :unsure: It's all about using something you have confidence in that suits your budget ect. Personally I think fireline is every bit as strong as others on the market, just find it thick, a bit too waxy and holds way too much memory for my liking but thats just me (hack fisherman) :) Think it's one of the worlds top selling lines so i'm in the minority :)

I might have been a bit harsh :unsure: It's all about using something you have confidence in that suits your budget ect. Personally I think fireline is every bit as strong as others on the market' date=' just find it thick, a bit too waxy and holds way too much memory for my liking but thats just me (hack fisherman) :) Think it's one of the worlds top selling lines so i'm in the minority :)[/quote'] :):):) Piranha, I think your description is pretty close to spot on!But isnt it amazing that something that isnt perfect, can still sell mass amounts of line and end up being so popular! :dry: :lol::lol: Wouldnt go calling yourself a hack tho :d/:d/

Mt tackle arsenal has no room for high wispy tech braids that air knot.....get in macrame knots around every stick/twig/bush in sight...cost a fortune.......wrap around the rod tip....get caught behind the spool....guide wrap.........I"ll stick to fireline ;)

Yeah my latest hi tech braid seems to wrap around the end guide quite a bit which causes squid jags to sail off into the sunset...see ya squid jag! :woohoo:

I've always used the original Fireline on all my light lure flicking setups. I tried Crystal fused recently, and had nothing but problems with it wrapping around the guides and tip, pretty much every third cast. Almost stripped it off one morning, got so annoyed with it. It's supposed to get better the more you use it. I stuck with it and have not had too many problems with the line wrapping the guides.Average line compared to the original. IMHO. Cheap enough thoughCheers.Sam