St kilda private boat club ramp disgrace

I'm in the private boat club at st.kilda and have a private ramp which is a disgrace to launch and retrieve from as the weed is out of control and at low tide the end of the ramp is out of water to retrieve,as i tow my boat with an old commodore the private club with no public being able to damage or even steel the car or trailer and have been a member for years and years and years i feel the ramp and weed problems aren't going to be looked at as the committee and office bearers have their boats moored in the water all the time and the ramp is not a problem to them,so i'm looking to join-up in to another private club as doing over night trips and on return hopfully the car and trailer is where i left it and the ramp can be used at all tide levels.So i'm looking at hearing from other boat owners in private clubs.Have taken some photo's of my last outing and spending 45mins clearing the ramp just to launch and the same on return except the ramp is covered knee high and floating a foot deep and weed and sticks get jammed between rollers and the boat.And taking a fishing buddy out with me from strike and hook also said "thats bull s###".

SeaweedonStKildaPrivateBoatClubRamp.jpg

SeaweedonStKildaPrivateBoatClubRamp1.jpg

SeaweedonStKildaPrivateBoatClubRamp2.jpg

Totally agree with PRM on this as i went out with him from here last week and was appalled at whet him and the other members have to put up with. They should be ashamed of themselves for even taking membership fees from their members at the moment while the ramp is of this state.I supose it makes it too easy for the club when there is a public ramp next door. :evil:

Mate I'd just launch at the public ramp and then just use the lockup area of the boat club to secure your car. You can only be charged for leaving your car at the public ramp if it has a trailer on it but as yours would be locked away I don't reckon you'd have anything to worry about. It just means you'd have a small walk when you want to get your car to retrieve the boat. Just a thought.Cheers Dazz.

agree with fishnuts, but it still stinks that you should have to do that. Tell the club that if it doesn't improve you wont be renewing your membership and get the other members that use the ramp to do the same. It may not matter to those that moor their boats but enough people leaving the club should matter. If it doesn't matter well then whats the point of being in the club?

That's what iv'e been doing on the last 3 outings launch at public ramp,lock the car in the club and walk around the problem that slows me down is on return there is 12 boats trying to get out and 3 launching make's it a bit hard when my car is locked away around the other side,you think thay would fix the problem because trailer boat's is were there money is at i pay fee's,launch boat and wash it down and go home it's costing the club nothing to have ramp members there so you would think they would encourage more,i know 6 other trailer boats would love to join as it's the only private club out the northern area and liveing local helps to,have towed the boat to north haven for a group outing and only took 32mins in travel time so will see what happens.

Angus Inlet Boat Club has all the conveniences for $140 per year.cons: Further travelling to get out to St Kilda or Outer Harbour.Trailer Boat Club Outer Harbour, similar in price to Angus Inlet.cons: 2 year waiting period, and you must be recommended by a current member.I looked at joining a boat club quite a few years ago for security and convenience. I quickly ruled out St Kilda as being way overpriced, I ended up at Angus Inlet and was very surprised at how cost effective it is.

Thanks ranger can you take people through to have a look or give me a contact number whats the ramp like at low tide,any weed to contend with what about traffic useing the ramp at one time,car and trailer security any good.Cheers Paul

Thanks ranger can you take people through to have a look or give me a contact number whats the ramp like at low tide' date='any weed to contend with what about traffic useing the ramp at one time,car and trailer security any good.[/quote']Ramp is fine at low tide, no weed, no traffic, fenced for security and monitored by 24 hour video surveillance. At this club you are provided with a key to the facility and clubrooms, you than let yourself in and out at your own convenience anytime 24/7.http://angasinletboatclub.com/wp/

Pt Wakefield rd, Port Expressway, Grand Trunkway.......smooth sailing all the way to Garden Island!Unlock gate, no lineup at the ramp, no rush, no ramp rage, no waiting, no worries!I am not a PR rep for the boat club though, so weigh up each club, their individual pros and cons, different distances, costs and waiting periods for membership.........you'll soon work out which is best for you and your needs.

howdy PRM,just thought i would update you on the satbc,what ranger said was correct but recently spoke to club secretary and there still is a waiting list but apparently not as long as ranger said,people have pulled out,alot do not have boats :laugh: ,ramp upgrade is scheduled for next february :laugh: and key deposits have gone up in price so guys that are not serious or too tight have pulled out.i have been a member for the last 10 years or so,good to go out for an allnighter and know car is safe,next year will be all tide launch,at the moment on dead low tide is hard to retrieve,good club though,just thought i would update whats happening,thanks

It's all in the link I provided you earlier:http://angasinletboatclub.com/wp/?page_id=64

Contact UsEnquires to:Paul Harris (Membership Officer) PH: 08 8346 8086 Mobile 0407 713 218Tash Pressley (Secretary) PH 0437 515 344Email enquires to seanpressley@angasinletboatclub.comClubroom PH 8447 5770Location: Grand Trunkway, Garden Island

There is NO waiting list, and don't call the clubroom number, as no-one will be in attendance unless there is a function on. No-one sits around the club all day waiting in case the phone might ring.

I find its like my own personal fascility as on most occasions there is no one there.

That's pretty much how I see the club too!I arrive and let myself in, there's rarely anyone else around, if I want a coffee I let myself into the clubrooms and make one, and I've also found it great for those winter nightime mully hunts! You can head out to get the tide, fish for an hour or so, then head back to the clubrooms, tie your boat to your own private pontoon, sit inside with a hot brew or catch a couple of hours kip while you wait for the next tide to get back out there again, all the time knowing that your car and trailer is safely contained behind barbed wire and fencing.Dont tell the common riff raff though, or we'll be inundated with them, all thinking they can have the same little pleasures and luxuries we have! ;)
Dont tell the common riff raff though' date=' or we'll be inundated with them, all thinking they can have the same little pleasures and luxuries we have! ;)[/quote']Too late I'm afraid.... Membership form is downloaded and an empty coffee tin has been renamed 'boat club fund' Kind regards,:P :P :PjackRIFF RAFF
Dont tell the common riff raff though' date=' or we'll be inundated with them' date=' all thinking they can have the same little pleasures and luxuries we have! ;)[/quote'']Too late I'm afraid.... Membership form is downloaded and an empty coffee tin has been renamed 'boat club fund' Kind regards,:P :P :PjackRIFF RAFF
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hi all, i have been a member of the St Kilda Boat club for a number of years.As a boat owner that use's the ramp i have to say the the club does clean the weed...On most working bees the ramp is cleaned by volunteers ,i know this because i am one ofthem.I would also like to say this is not a problem for most of the year it is seasonal,and to suggest that committee members ignore this would be wrong, as over half have trailer boats.Happy Boating And see you all on the water and at the working bees :whistle:

As a member of the club and my dad has been commodore of the club also,i attended working bee's to help paint club room's and install new fence around the club there was a weed boom installed to help the weed problem but as the by-laws were changed to let bigger boats in the weed boom was not installed the it should of been,the best solution the club came up with was hay bailer that is towed behind the tractor which members cant use as it's locked up in the tractor shed,the weed can be cleaned up on the ramp today and with a sea breeze the weed blows straight on to the boat club ramp,would be interesting to what happens with the weed boom as the contract with the salisbury council said there will be no silting up with weed in the marina,not to be rude but when you walk down the maintance wharf on the left it's about 3 meters deep with rotten weed,would be happy to attend working bee's if it's going to help me,i have a list wash down area drain blocked full of weed again,end of ramp cant retrieve at half tide all have been done before end of ramp problem solved by tipping rocks there but they soon sunk,also be interesting to see what happens with weed boom and wash down area as both have been out of action for a while.

Are you offering to refit the weed boom,or clean out the drain Paul?i am sure the members would be very happy with you for that.Also i don't ever remember seeing the hay rake used,have you been to see the committeeabout this matter i am sure they would like to know how you feel.They can help youwith this you only have to ask.

Are you offering to refit the weed boom' date='or clean out the drain Paul?i am sure the members would be very happy with you for that.Also i don't ever remember seeing the hay rake used,have you been to see the committeeabout this matter i am sure they would like to know how you feel.They can help youwith this you only have to ask.[/quote']I,ve seen that mess at the club ramp, I would of thought that the committee would be right on to that problem and looking for volunteers, not suggesting that PRM having to fit boom gates and cleaning out the weed.Why was the boom gate removed in the first placeJust interested how the club operatesMoggy

I can only assume you have carefully camouflaged your trailer to keep it safe from feral fingers in your absence! :ohmy:Gotta ask how you even get out of the place without choking the engine in weed? :huh:Without rubbishing anyone, if I had to put up with that on a regular basis I too would be seeking a new launch spot!