Port Noarlunga sunset

Great Shot Paramidget.Port Noarlunga is easily one of my favourite Jetties!Did you use Photoshop etc for the Water?Still Ripper shot and the D5100 is a Great Camera. I have only really just got into SLR Photography but to produce some photos like that would be great. Keep it up! TT

G'day TT.The water effect was due to the 30 second exposure, and I used a number 8 neutral density filter to lengthen the exposure time. I did use a bit of post production on the RAW file just to make the colour "pop" a bit.I'm pretty happy with the Nikon, takes a good photo, even for us newbies to modern DSLR photography.I had this photo put on a canvas 75cm x 45cm and it came up a treat.Here is the jetty, same day except without the long exposure time and minimal post production.

jetty_tone006.jpg

paramidget wrote:

G'day TT.The water effect was due to the 30 second exposure, and I used a number 8 neutral density filter to lengthen the exposure time. I did use a bit of post production on the RAW file just to make the colour "pop" a bit.I'm pretty happy with the Nikon, takes a good photo, even for us newbies to modern DSLR photography.I had this photo put on a canvas 75cm x 45cm and it came up a treat.Here is the jetty, same day except without the long exposure time and minimal post production.

Thanks mate for the info.Thats great. Good to hear aswell it still remained that great quality even on a reasonable canvas.Nice work and keep shooting; look forward to seeing more photos! TT
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys.Thought you may want to see my progress as a Hobby Photographer.Two Photos one Macro and One sunset. Not even close to the same league as Paramidgets but respectable photos. I guess! Would love any form of feedback. Taken on my Fujifilm HS20 EXR.Here you go enjoy TT.Sunset.Sunset.jpgMacro.DSCF00591.jpg

afishyfish wrote:

Took this pic off Ardrossan some time ago. Pretty happy with it considering it was my Iphone

Its good I guess... :laugh: Nah nice shot! There is an App for Iphone called Instagram. Adds some interesting filters to photos could come in handy for more photos like this. TT