Used a swivel less OO size bait clip for all of my lure fishing, does everything and more than a hand tied knot does, it does not look so clumsy and visible to the fish and the main reason is the advantage of instant and reliable quick changes of lure. You tie one tucked half blood knot to the clip and then forget about it!Works superbly on all SP's and HB's of any size or shape or pattern. Go the bait clip and soooo cheap to buy ;)

Used a swivel less OO size bait clip for all of my lure fishing' date=' does everything and more than a hand tied knot does, it does not look so clumsy and visible to the fish and the main reason is the advantage of instant and reliable quick changes of lure. You tie one tucked half blood knot to the clip and then forget about it!Works superbly on all SP's and HB's of any size or shape or pattern. Go the bait clip and soooo cheap to buy ;)[/quote']Can braid be tied directly to this clip ????I have heard that many pro's and con's regarding braid to terminal tackle, it is mind boggling???CheersTrihull
Used a swivel less OO size bait clip for all of my lure fishing' date=' does everything and more than a hand tied knot does' date=' it does not look so clumsy and visible to the fish and the main reason is the advantage of instant and reliable quick changes of lure. You tie one tucked half blood knot to the clip and then forget about it!Works superbly on all SP's and HB's of any size or shape or pattern. Go the bait clip and soooo cheap to buy ;)[/quote'']Can braid be tied directly to this clip ????I have heard that many pro's and con's regarding braid to terminal tackle, it is mind boggling???CheersTrihull
Kinda defeats the object of finesse fishing if you don't use flurocarbon invisible leaders as the braid itself is very much visible to a shy biting fish.The tiny clip combined with invisible leader is a given for all forms of finessing lures IMO and also that of tournament anglers etc.Braid to flurocarbon is easily joined with the "improved surgeons knot" which is simplicity itself to tie as you merely overlap the two ends, then tie an ordinary overhand knot 3 or 4 times, wet it and snug it down then braid scissor off the loose ends. Hope this is helpful?

No matter what lure i'm using....if im tying directly to the lure then i always use a loop knot. Doesn't matter if its a metal lure, soft plastic, squid jag or minnow.If i connect the lure via a swivel to a split ring....then i just tie direct to the swivel.I've never been a fan of "clips" but thats just my personal preference. I take the view that you're only as strong as your weakest link and clips tend to be the weakest link.So to answer your question...if i'm trying direct to the waxwing then i'd use a loop knot but i'm most likely to connect the waxwing via a small swivel to a split ring as i always like to use a swivel with spin reels to prevent line twist.

Gotto agree with Nanman, if you can learn to tie a Loop Knot this will ensure any lure you tie on will have the best possible action. Im just a tad lazy at times. LOL :woohoo:I guess with this lure I was lucky as it swam fine ,but sooner or later your going to get a lure that really needs a loop knot for it to swim correctly. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Rapala Loop - Simple as simple to tie. Use it for all lures/soft plastics. Best thing about it is you can adjust the loop size easily before locking the knot.As for braid direct to tackle; this is a no no in my books for a couple of reasons: a) Braid is much more visible and B) a leader provides a bit of shock absorption. If I am bait fishing then I will go braid tied to swivel then a mono rig. Pretty much use Uni knots exclusively these days as they are just too easy to tie. For braid to leader; I tie either an Albright knot or a Double Uni depending on the diameters of the different lines I am using. The Albright is a gun, easy knot if you have two lines of very different diameters (heavy leader for Snook for example) where as the Double Uni is quick and easy for light braid to light fluoro. As far as I am aware both of these knots also keep 90%+ of the line strength.Rapala LoopAlbright KnotUni KnotDouble Uni Knot

90% of time i run albright-leader-rapala loop-lure but the reason i ask for waxwing is on the shimano footage they're tying what looks like some sort of clinch or bloody direct to lure, does this help with this particular lure? guess i'll test it out seens as though i burnt a quick 20 on one today!! cheers johnny.

I use the loop knot for lures.I have used the clips and I agree there is nothing better for quick lure changes. Though I have lost a lure to one popping open at an unfortunate moment (fish on) so I now just tie a simple loop.I was looking for a new leader to braid knot, I find the double uni on the rod im using with line/leader can be a quite large knot and sometimes catches on the eye bracing. I was looking for a much lower profile knot that was ultra simple to tie and saw this demonstration for the surgeons on Youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orh_pZoRJmMIs as quick as any I have seen, just wondering if anyone has road tested this knot strength wise. Just practiced it at home and would be lovely on the tinny ride in a windy port :lol:

. I was looking for a much lower profile knot that was ultra simple to tie and saw this demonstration for the surgeons on Youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orh_pZoRJmMIs as quick as any I have seen' date=' just wondering if anyone has road tested this knot strength wise. Just practiced it at home and would be lovely on the tinny ride in a windy port :lol:[/quote']Looks so easy I have to wonder if or how it works :blink: Supposedly you'd do more turns with lighter lines :) Might have to try that one for sure :clap::clap::clap:

don't know how it would go for braid to mono, albright doesn't catch as much through the eyes as the double uni and is really easy to tie. We spent a week up north on a barra trip casting lures all day for a week saw some big fish get caught too, my PB was 54cm not very big at all. but all six of us ran the albright and i recon we could just about tie it blindfolded haha. :P