Another Classic tie

G'day Jaggs,No mate these are all show and no go. They go into a frame and up onto the wall. Some of the feathers used are far too expensive to see the water but it keeps me occupied for a while tying them :laugh: Ranger you sound a bit like me mate, I only started tying these as something pretty to hang on the wall, there aren't too many Atlantic Salmon around these parts :laugh: which it what these flies are supposed to catch. My fishing flies get a flogging though ;)Thanks for the praise fellas.Cheers Dazz.

Must be a real kick you get ,catching a beautiful fish on one you have tied yourself,would have to be the most satisfying feeling , the ultimate in sportfishing imo,outwitting your quarry with not only technique, but fooling it with an imitation of its food source with something you have put a lot of time and skill into.hats off to you mate B)

Just made one up myself' date='how do you reckon this will go on the troll,I'm thinking of giving it a go under some bridges. cheers brenton[img']http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s55/brentonwfc/trollfly001Small.jpg[/img]

Geez mate that is bloody awesome!!!How in hells name did you get such a lifelike troll imitation out of a Fly tying vice!!!!???I'm in awe of your skills, even the legendary Dazza can learn something from you mate. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Another superb bit of craftsmanship again Darren, that display board will be a legacy to your skills :clap::clap::clap:

Brenton that's a bloody ripper mate, I reckon the Bream could go that one. They love fluro pink :laugh::laugh: Thanks Tony, you may notice a bit of a theme to these flies, each AFL team is going to be on my walls :laugh: I'm doing a Hawthorn F.C. one at the moment but it's stalled while I wait for my U.S Supplier to get my much needed feathers over to me. At least the body on this one is done and if I must say it's come out very nice.I'll be leaving Port Power till last and only do it on a size 10 hook :ohmy: :pinch: :laugh: Mars it all depends on what feathers I use, the cape that the Jungle cock feathers came from cost nearly $300.00 but there is alot of feathers on it. The Japanese silk I use on the body is $7.00 a spool and I have about 50 different colours. So as you see it all starts to add up. They sell for any where from $50.00 each to over $1000.00 from the Classic tiers in the U.S. Mine won't be for sale as I only tie them as gifts for people I know and for myself. Mind you I'm always available for commission work :laugh::laugh::laugh: Cheers Dazz