What is your favourite fish to eat?

G'day SoftyI reckon there was a similar topic to this some time ago...It's a hard call, given there are any number of factors that come into play, e.g. freshness of the fish, method of cooking, herbs & spices added, etc., etc....Nonetheless, if you are talking about a simple grilled fish with nothing more than a squeeze of lemon/lime juice and salt and pepper, my nominations are:Saltwater: Mangrove Jack or the humble GarfishFreshwater: Mouth Almighty or Sleepy CodAsk me again tomorrow, and you'd probably get a different response... :lol: Cheersaf ;) P.S. Apologies if there is a perceived Queensland bias, but that's where I developed my taste for our finny friends as a little tacker...

As a matter of interest, has anybody on this site tried W.A. Dhufish? As a premium saltwater fish, it's supposedly the "duck's guts" and the last time I was over in W.A. a few years ago, it was around the $70 a kg mark (gettin' into Rock Lobster territory, there!).http://www.westernangler.com.au/fishing-info/fish-guide/153-dhufishCheersaf

Gee thats a hard one, lots of fish I love to eat, lots I haven"t tried and even more I haven't tried fresh.First that come to mind are: Whiting (All Varieties), Bream, Flake, Flathead, Garfish and Salmon in no particular order.Also is dogshark actually nice Codey or just a joke, most people I meet hate catching "the bait stealing bastards" (their words not mine) got told they taste like boots, 1 guy left 6 on the Jetty to die, I walked up to throw them back in but even though still breathing it was too late and they sank like rocks :(