Small spin reel recommendations.

Gday.I've got a couple of little Daiwa Sols and Shimano Stradics in the 2000, 2500, 3000 sizes.I'm looking for a similar reel in the 1500, 2000, 2500 sizes for 4lb braid to hit Squid, Gar and Tommies, etc.Preferrably, I'll limit it to around $150.Does anyone have any recommendations? Maybe from other brands? Okuma? Pflueger?Thanks.

Hey Funky I wouldnt go to other brands other than Daiwa and Shimano as you will drop and sacrifice a lot in quality.I would look at maybe a Daiwa Caldia 2506S (shallow spool) - I think they are a slight bit more than your budget, but these are sexy and well engineered and they wont dissapoint.I have loved mine from the moment i spooled it up. :d/:d/:d/ R&A's have them for like $189 (Bargain and a half)CALDIA-2506.jpg

Can ask a question?.....With that many smaller model reels already' date=' why the need for another?I know, I know....you can never have too many but ...??My sol goes from bream to trout, snapper to cod and squid to ...well you get the picture[/quote']Yep, fair question.The reasons for another reel is that I want a reel a bit smaller than the ones I've already got to be left on my very light, very long land based Whiting/Squid/Tommy rod.And yes, I'm guilty of the "can't have enough tackle" mindset!Thanks for the additional good info guys.Cheers.

i was of the impression that the 3000 stradic was very similar if not the same in size of the 2000,2500.the 3000fi i have,i had the the spare spool filled with 2kg fins,bought a 702 catana the other month and flicks a 3.9 gram popper around 20m,well thats the best i can manage anyway.is a further cast more achievable with a smaller reel?