Hi guysI've just bought a Stradic 2500 C14 reel (yes thats 3 Stradic's I have now lol) and Im trying to work out how much braid I need to fill the spool completely which I've never been able to do properly. I am looking at using 20lb or 30lb Sufix performance braid, or if anyone has a better suggestion please let me know. I have this braid on my Sedona and it seems good though. This reel will be going on a 2 piece raider 2-5kg rod and used for bread and butter species/small plastics. The specs on the reel are as follows:• LINE CAPACITYlb.(yrds.) 6(200) * 8(140) * 10(120) • POWER PRO LINE CAPACITYlb.(YRDS.) 10(170) * 15(145) * 30(95) So, would a 150yd spool of 20lb with mono backing be enough? or should I go 30lb? Also, is the mono backing really necessary, I've read newer model reels don't need it? Thanks! B)

Judging by the specs you've put up there you should be able to fit most of the 150yds of Sufix without need for any backing.• POWER PRO LINE CAPACITYlb.(YRDS.) 10(170) * 15(145) * 30(95) Sounds like you'll probably get about 130yds of 20lb just as a rough guesstimate (Wow, apparently guesstimate is an actual word according to the spell check).

Good reel.But I would personally go max 15lb braid on it with that rod.10lb would suit it better. Especially for bread and butter species.On my Rarenium 2500, I fit a 150m of the 15lb daiwa tournament yellow braid which is quite thin in diameter. with just a light covering of mono backing. Plus 200+m of sunline super Pe 10lb on the other spool.I have found it makes it easier if you look at diameters instead of breaking strain when choosing line as they are all very different. It should say diameter mm / metres on the box somewhere.

I'm with the others, you don't want 20 to 30 pound braid on that setup. I know from experience that a 2500 reel will hold a 300 yd spool of power pro or fireline perfectly. You obviously don't need that much line to fight the smallish fish you're after, but I've always liked having the extra line on reels if you're out fishing and have to cut some line off for any number of reasons. If you're only running 150 yd and have to cut off 50 then the reel will cast like crap with the spool being down a third. Plus six pound braid should be plenty for bread and butter imo.

i have a 2500 fh stratic spooled with 300 yrds of 15lb mustard dynimite braid. thats plenty strong enough ive caught 10 kg snapper with it, matched with a 2 to 5kg texi rod its a great whiting/squiding outfit and has caught more fish than any of my other outfits.remember that you are limited to the reels drag capicity and its better to have more light line on your reel for further casting.you catch more fish fishing lighter.hope this helps.

I'm going to be running 65lb braid Spiderwire Camo on my smaller 4500 reels because I was buying it for my shark rod and changed my mind after buying it as i only get to go sharking once a year and my lighter outfits are much more important now I have bought a tinny, can't get a refund and don't have the cash for another 300yd, so i'm going to have to use it I guess lol poor fish don't stand a chance.... atleast it's not as bad as someone i read about using 80lb braid for flathead XDEh maybe i'll just leave the mono on for now and sell the braid for what it cost me, or spool it onto my shark rod and sell the whole setup as i never use it.

Sorry, I'm an idiot, just realised that I forgot to mention that a 2500 reel will hold a 300 yd spool of six pound power pro or fireline perfectly, although I just saw the other post where someone mentioned that their 2500 took the whole 300 yd spool of 15 pound, must be fairly thin braid, but just goes to show you how different they can be from brand to brand.

I'd definitely use a little mono backing so you avoid having the whole spool of braid slipping, which I've seen a few times.I've recently spooled one of my reels with Daiwa Tournament 8 (green, not accudepth) braid and love it. Limp, strong and holds knots without slipping. Also very thin in comparison to other braids if capacity means anything to you.

I'd definitely use a little mono backing so you avoid having the whole spool of braid slipping' date=' which I've seen a few times.[/quote']Or you can wind a layer or two of braid onto the spool then wrap it with a piece of electrical tape and then finish filling the spool to keep the whole lot from slipping as well. ;)

Your choice should serve you well! I've got that reel and love it. I'm running 8lb on my 2500 and 15lb on my 3000 spool.It won't miss a beat :)Tight lines

Sorry to hijak a thread here but are you running a 3000 spool on your 2500?I was looking into this but couldn't find if the 3000 spool fit the 2500 rarenium.Are you talking about a stradic here statesquider?I think I read somewhere the drag knobs are different sizes?Any info would be great.

yeah i interchange the 2500 and 3000 spools on my ci4. I think the spare 3000 spool cost $55 but now the reel is a lot handier!8lb sunline braid on the 250015lb sunline braid on the 3000The drag knobs are different but to solve the problem i remove the rubber seal unde the drag knob when i use the 3000 spool. So not as waterproof but it still seals quite well for the time being!