Which Brand Hooks?

Thought this may make a good Topic.But I was wondering what Brand of Hooks does everyone use. Those hooks that are Super Sharp, Strong and are always the first ones picked up in the Tackle Store or the Tackle Box.Those Hooks you would trust the fish of a lifetime with! Doesn't matter what brand or Style.I just want to know people's opinions. I know I have a favourite! TT

Hah and I thought I was the only one who liked Daiichi hooks!Daiichi's for small hooks. Just can't get better or sharper I reckon. Been using them for Gar since I was about 6 or 7. :pGama's for big hooks, especially the occys and circles. Strong, good quality, unbeatable.Mustad's if I can't get gama's. I don't mind the Demons and the Big Red's.

For serious fish ie tuna, kings, GTs etc i use gammas.For small fish like whiting, tommies etc i just use cheap k-mart chem sharpened long shanks such as jarvis walker, gladiator etcIve found used hooks still rust even if washed in fresh water so i spray them with inox.

I use Gammas multiple times. Key to longevity for me is spraying them with inox afterwards. No rust whatsoever when do that.Before i re-use them i just wipe the inox off. Doesn't seem to bother the fish.

I guess the maximum number of times I would use my Gamma traces is 2 - 3 times max, and then they get replaced. But Generally Im not fussed if I throw them out after the first use, as I like having new hooks/traces when chasing good sized REDS! I have found that I dont loose to many fish either.ThIS way I have peice of mind that they are going to stay burried once hooked up.I often am too lazy to cut the line off the hooks at times,and often just give my traces to anyone that im fishing with that wants them :cheer: :cheer: .When snapper fishing I like to have multiple traces tied up and snap locked bagged,so either me or my mates can just reach in and grab a new trace when required.But its ALWAYS Gamma's for me. I was forced to use some Mustad big reds the other day and for red chemically sharpened hooks they did okay for me.

• 2 weeks later...