Hey Banga,My Beach/Rock outfit for Snapper is a 9 Foot Gary Howard Viper 1 peice 10-15kg stick with Daiwa 4500J Freams with 30lb braid but 20lb would suffice as main line, but 30lb gives you a bit more assurance when pinging 3-4oz leads as far as you can throw them. You need a slightly longer rod to provide you with leverage and to get your line up above the waves of the beach, but a 12-14ft surfrod would be overkill but certainly could be used. I find with my Viper I can wade into the water at the beach and fish with it comfortably for alteast two hours as its not very heavy at all. The beaches in which you will get fish from here during summer (excluding salt creek of course) you will need to be wading out on warm evenings, and holding your rod..or for me that is one of the enjoyable aspects to it..but I guess you could walk back and pop it into a rod holder as well.The good thing about this rod, is its also perfect for jetty use such as Porties and Rapids. You can also toss lures with it for salmon and its also great with bait for salmon off the rocks too.I normally then run at least 10 feet of 45lb leader, and hook traces are tied with 45lb Scneider and are two 6/0 Gamma Cirles for big baits or if using Pilchards and squid you can Its amazing how many times you can pull your rig off a snag when running 30lb braid and slightly heavier leader.Can end up saving you a lot in lost sinkers, although its inevitable when rock fishing.Welcome to the scene Banga and of course if your really keen we could hit up a beach this w/end

cheers brett well i thoguht since everyone else is doing it i might aswell :P and i would like to get my 1st ever snapper aswell just to say ive done it. was looking at hitting where i mentioned on facebook from fri night to sat morning but well wait and see...

Where are you thinking of heading?

cheers brett well i thoguht since everyone else is doing it i might aswell :P and i would like to get my 1st ever snapper aswell just to say ive done it. was looking at hitting where i mentioned on facebook from fri night to sat morning but well wait and see...

Where are you thinking of heading?
Where are YOU thinking of heading Softy :whistle: :laugh::laugh:
prob read it many times but here goes.... hahaha'rock fishing does it for me.. i find a boat pretty boring...ALVEY 650C5... and 12 ft snyderglas ... brilliant rod' date=' brilliant reel...[/quote']come on nev :evil: :clap: i know what you use maybe i should of renanemed it what everyone else uses APART FROM ROCKNEV for landbased snapps :clap::clap::clap:
prob read it many times but here goes.... hahaha'rock fishing does it for me.. i find a boat pretty boring...ALVEY 650C5... and 12 ft snyderglas ... brilliant rod' date=' brilliant reel...[/quote']come on nev :evil: :clap: i know what you use maybe i should of renanemed it what everyone else uses APART FROM ROCKNEV for landbased snapps :clap::clap::clap:
bhahahahaah.. hey kept it short didnt i? hahahahahaah.. good luck matey

12'-14' Snyders and Butterworths older than me mostly.. with Alveys 650-651's ( i have 5 of them) also have 3 12' standards with a jarvis walker 6500 or my preferred reels the Okumas 850-900's and now have a new snyder 8w 144 set up for a spin ill hook one of my big okumas on it.. all spooled with mono from 25-30lbrigs, Patternosters with ganged 5/0's or single 6/0s. general fishing i use same line as my rig. Fishing with nev on the stones i drop down to 15lb maybe 20lb for my sinker line. and me and softy custom make our sinkers.. SPOONs.. yes.. kitchen spoons.. pour them out one after the other and drill them. get a heap of cheap lead and melt it down.. pour it into 5-6 spoons at a time and make a fktonne of them!!!