Rod and Reel wanted for charter

Hi I'm going on my 2nd fishing charter over Easter.Heading out towards Kangaroo Island from Cape Jervis.From what i've been told we are fishing for snapper and possibly tuna if we are lucky.First Charter i borrowed a rod off the boat and had a great time.I'm not a fan off borrowing gear so would like to but a rod and reel.I have a couple of rods and reels but mainly for off the the jetty's and beach.I have around $400 to spend.I would prefer a egg beater as thats all ive used so far so i'm quite comfatable with them.Any help will be apreciated.ThanksMike

If bottom bashing in the passage, you will be using big, big lead , and reeling up from up to 70m quite often due to the amount of pickers on offer. I suggest a 6000 size reel if going shimano, and at least a 10kg rated rod. A good retrieval ratio will make for a better dayMate used a normal Stradic 6000 with 30lb braid last week on the 15kg Tuna on offer and had no issues at all.I bought an outfit last month for the exact same reason, Fin Nor Biscayne on a basic Rovex 12kg broomstick. Come to under $150 with some 40lb braid I had lying around. Had no issue handling the 70cm redfish I caught the next day and I intend on testing it on the same size tuna.

If a one off for the bigger stuff I would suggest just using their gear again. They expect customer to use their gear and if you bring your own you have to think about line, hooks, sinkers, leaders, lures...the list goes on. All more money. You can easily see that $400 for a rod and reel go to $600 as a conservative figure for the above mentioned items.Chances are your beach reel will handle the bigger stuff anyway so have a look around for a cheaper rod. There has been some crackers offered up here lately second hand near new for bugger all.Easy way around it and you can go out and grab yourself some new lures and line etc to play around with out there.The last thing you want to do is be wasting time on a charter having to make rigs up. I always have them ready to go in all shapes and sizes including the sinker attached so I just tie on and away you go. Minute turn around and back into it.