Identification help needed...

My best guess is a Coleman's Weedfish (Heteroclinus sp. 4). My reference is: p703 "FISHES of Australia's Southern Coast" - edited by Martin Gomon, Dianne Bray and Rudie Kuiter [2008]. An earlier edition of a similar book [1994] tends to support my guess - however, I can't locate any images on the 'net which closely approximate the illustrations in the book(s).Cheersaf

Hi all,Just had some feedback from the Australian Museum. Suggestion is that it could be a juvenile Rainbow Cale (Heteroscarus acroptilus - sometimes called Odax acroptilus). One of my reference books has a picture of this - called a Rainbow Fish).Thanks to all for their input,Meggs

Hey fella, if the museum reckon that fish is a rainbow cale then they`re having a lend of both of us. Do a google search of rainbow cale, go into the museum`s website & then tell me I`m an idiotic blind old git, coz the fish they have pic`s of is nothing like the one in your pic. Not even close. Cheers.