Biggest Blue Swimmer Crab

dont have a pic on this pc any more will see if i can find one on fish sa about it http://www.fishsa.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1097588815/100 there is the link the photo;s dont do it justis but if you read the thread you will see i won the comp that yr still got my hat that i won lol waterboy can verify it he resized the pics for me cheers squidley

i won the crab comp on fish sa with one that went 71 cm from claw to claw

I caught one out in front of Bower Road in 12 ft of water 2 seasons ago, measured 75cm claw to claw, and each nipper has an open span of 75mm. I think the photo is on another computer, but i will have a search for it.

In the early days (80s & 90s) it was common practice for the boys at the uoter harbour terminal to have nets over the wharf everyday. They even had a copper in the maintenance shed to cook them. In the old mess room they had marks on the wall for the biggest crab. The largest measured was exactly 36 inches (3 feet) from claw to claw. Bloody huge!

My father holding one that went 79cm, largest of the trip. Quite a few over 70cm but not quite as big as this one. The funny thing is, that the session the year before saw the largest one in at 79cm as well. Edithburgh..Always produces the goods.. size=363http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/ZsmQzHNA__79cm_claw_span_Edithburgh.JPG[/img]

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...