Snapper Steaks / Fillets.

I hear so much hate about our snapper in the eating. So i'll just put this up as a simple way to enjoy our beloved fish.Snapper can be very gamey, so if you dont treat the fish correctly, it wont taste nice. As soon as you land a snapper, it goes straight on a seawater ice slurry, you should have this organised way before you go fishing, if your worth your salt. Clean your fish also in sea water.So you have some beautiful slabs of snapper fillet, or steaks. Dust them in plain flour. Then dip them in egg, then dip them again in Nostimini mixed with flour and fry very lightly. Very lightly fry that steak. No deep frying here. It really sets this fish off so gorgeous. A squeeze of lemon over the top. Some sea salt. Its what fish is all about. You can do this with any fish, but a thick snapper fillet is the go. A beer or a wine. It really is a good way to enjoy a lovely fish.

i like mine diced raw with cream, diced tomatoe, spring onion, salt & pepperbackbone i bake in the oven for 10 minutes on high bit of salt & pepperi save the head for a cold day simmering it in a pot slightly covered with water a bay leaf 1/4 a cup of vinegar couple black peppercorns & a little salt ;)

i like mine diced raw with cream' date=' diced tomatoe, spring onion, salt & pepperbackbone i bake in the oven for 10 minutes on high bit of salt & pepperi save the head for a cold day simmering it in a pot slightly covered with water a bay leaf 1/4 a cup of vinegar couple black peppercorns & a little salt ;)[/quote']That sounds delicious mate. Snapper is such a lovely fish. I do the sushi with some of my fillets. Dipped in a bit of soy sauce. Its gods way of giving me a treat lol :) I'm like that with any fresh fish. It doesnt last very long in my house :boot:

ahhhhh sweet sweet NOSTI also amazing on lamb especially cutlets :):):):clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yep had a Greek bloke at work, he marinates lamb chops with nostimini and lemon juice and left for a day. Then cooked over a charcoal grill.Never tried it with fish but will definitely try it.

Gotta admit, I'm not a fan of large snapper, so I generally only take the littlies up to about 55cm to be baked whole.For the big one's I generally get them frozen solid in the deep freeze, then I'd take them to my butcher on a Saturday morning (just before he changed his bandsaw blade each week) and get him to run the frozen fish into cutlets for me.These cutlets I would stick in alfoil parcels with a little butter, lemon and pepper, then either chuck the parcels onto the bbq or into the oven.I found this method stopped them from being so dry.So if ya wanna come fishing with me, feel free to help yourself to all the large fish, and I'll just keep a coupla pinkies for myself! ;)

Nostimini is pretty good all round spice for fish and meat, Specialty Foods also have another spice mixture that burleys me up , its dynomite on chicken , lamb and recently had some on some shark fillet , bloody magnificent. Gonna try it on snapper soon when i catch another.Im sure its gonna be killa.